1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

85A presents CHERNOZEM:KINO!

Discussion in 'VJ Events' started by videoswitchboard, Apr 13, 2012.

1. videoswitchboard

videoswitchboard Pointless Crew-Glasgow

Hi everyone,

been taking some time off the forums over the last few months, but still doing stuff, here's my latest venture with fellow Glasgow mentalists 85A collective:

CHERNOZEM: KINO!

20 Apr- 5 May 2012
    The Glue Factory- Glasgow

Burrowing through that dark vein of German Expressionism and Soviet propaganda films, 85A Collective, in association with The Glue Factory, are proud to present their first self-produced film: ‘Chernozem’ (Black Earth).
    Launching as a fringe event to G.I. 2012, the film has been expanded into a ‘total cinema’ experience- a hair raising Gesamtkunstwerk entitled: ‘CHERNOZEM:KINO!’

Quite literally taken on a surreptitious ride through a series of multi-sensory scenes from the film within a large-scale post-industrial environment, the awe-struck audience can expect mesmerizing mechanical kinetic sculptures, immersive set design, intense lighting + projection, pummeling live music, salvos of sound design and rapid-fire performance…with the terrified cinéaste ultimately ‘projected’ into the film itself!

“A desperate cog in a monstrous machine!!”

CHUNG! CHUNG! CHUNG! CHUNG! CHUNG!! CHUNG...!!

more info at: 85A.org.uk

Limited capacity of 100 participants per night- groups of 10 - show 45min
    [​IMG]

£5 TICKET OFFER FOR VJF MEMBERS ON 1ST WEEKEND - PM ME.

recent projects have included:
    85A presents: JAN SVANKMAJER (Feb 2012)

http://youtu.be/gTkxcVlczQE

For Glasgow Film Festival 2012' "Crossing the line" program, 85A ecstatically present the work of genius Czech filmmaker, Jan Svankmajer, in all its demented glory! Each short film showcased this evening housed inside specially constructed theatres, coaxing his surreal imagery off the screen and into life before you!

more projects like these archived on our site...enjoy

Dav

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012