1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Full Vj Set For Free?

Discussion in 'Finding Content' started by famouswhendead, Apr 10, 2006.

1. famouswhendead

famouswhendead VFX Generalist

ANALOG RECYCLING VJ gives you 80 Loops
    Here it a bunch of VJ Loops that Analog Recycling VJ's used to use or still use for your use.
    They are released under a BSD style license
    So you want to look like us, VJ or what ever grab them and redistribute them yourself or with your own released VJ software.

Please seed if you have time or host these files yourself.

The License:

Copyright (c) 2000-2006, The relevant members of Analog Recycling VJ
    Collective.
    Erik Schermer, Bas Icke and Gary Berendsen.
    All rights reserved.

Come visit us at:
    http://www.analogrecycling.com

Redistribution and use of these VJ clips/ video loops, with or without modification, is permitted
    provided that the following conditions are met:

* Redistributions of these VJ clips/ video loops must retain the above copyright notice,
    this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
    * Redistributions of these VJ clips/ video loops must reproduce the above copyright notice,
    this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other
    materials provided with the distribution.

THESE VJ LOOPS / VIDEO CLIPS ARE PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS"
    AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
    OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL
    THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
    EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE
    GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED
    AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING
    NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THESE VJ LOOPS /
    VIDEO CLIPS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

2. VJDefinitive

VJDefinitive New Member

may sound stupid, but what do i do with the ANALOGRECYCLING_VJ_CLIPS.torrent ? i downloaded

3. robotfunk

robotfunk Feed your Machine

you need a bittorrent client first, then double click on the .torrent file, then wait till it actually gets seeded ;)

4. VJDefinitive

VJDefinitive New Member

how stupid do i feel. yes of course :crazyeyes :crazyeyes

5. Meierhans

Meierhans Spezialmusik

But even then you need some seeders.(=sources). I got DHT on, and there are just 2 incomplete sources. Why don`t you host this on a tracker?

6. famouswhendead

working on it....

==>>> Read Below

7. famouswhendead

working on it....

bit new to all this ;)
    port forwarding etc etc...
    But if someone can point me in the right direction howto?
    Any one have some space for the file (240MB)...
    And the bandwidth?
    Umm on OSX BTW

8. dansmachine

dansmachine Video. Performance. Art.

Generous, grabbing the files for my intern, I think it's good to have some material to play with whcih differs a lot from my style.

It's just that by now there are 11 peers, of which 6 connected and still no seeds. Is the torrent announced at a tracker? My connection is also dht...
    Bandwidth: don't worry, just superseed very slowly so it takes a while before everyone gets what he wants, but as a result all at once there will be a dozen of seeders. You can take off then and it cost you only about 250mb of bandwidth.

9. famouswhendead

There's one peer now it seems...
    How do you announce at a tracker?
    any help greatly appreciated?

10. Meierhans

Meierhans Spezialmusik

First: Thx for sharing your content. :kiss:

If you use Azureus as BT client you can be tracker yourself. Tracker needs to be set when creating Torrent, so I guess you will need to create a new one.
    (There are ways to change tracker in an existing file, but to make shure it works I would better create a new one.)

You will need to forward 6969 (TCP Incoming / Outgoing), and 6881-6889 (TCP Incoming / Outgoing) to your PC or open these ports in your local firewall.

Hope this works.

11. dansmachine

And here's a list of trackers of which no subscription is needed.
    http://openlite.5gigs.com/trackerlist.html

Btw it doesn't really matter if you create a new torrent along the process, jsut don't change any of the content nor name, so everyone can continue down-/uploading by just switching torrents and not having to start all over again.

12. famouswhendead

.. looked

at trackers but most are a bitch to upload a torrent to...
    I can put it on emule as well if people want?

13. atomicone

atomicone go guerilla!

14. famouswhendead

can't be arsed

you have to register....

torrent is our site

15. dansmachine

Well, most of the times you have to register before you can upload your torrent. Therefore I posted the link to the open trackers. Afaik you only have to create your torrent, using the proper announce-url.

"Trackers are needed to create .torrent files. These trackers are public and does not require any registration, it can be worked instantly. Use more than 1 tracker in case one fails."

Be aware though that once a torrent is out in the open, it's out of your hands and it will live as long as people keep on seeding. Also the torrent might appear on dumpsites, forums, anywhere. And of course on your own site ;) Just make sure to include some txtfile within the zip, explaining everything and not to forget mentioning yourself!

16. famouswhendead

ummm the file

IS a trackerless torrent....
    was standard in bittorrent.
    I tried adding a tracker URL in the tracker URL field but they all failed, this might have had to do that i did not have port forwarding setup properly earlier.

well i have 4 peers at the moment getting the file from me.

that's why I am not redoing the torrent BTW...

17. rortes

rortes New Member

ok, downloading it right now, its speed is 115kbps so not bad :) but there is 0 seeds and 10 leechers ;/

... ok what happend ? it stopped, now i only upload :p

18. mxmai

mxmai pointless anagram

most excellent. i'll jump on this torrent tonight and then seed it for a while.

we're only 25k upstream but every byte helps, right? ;)

19. famouswhendead

well i am at 227 of 230MB and have no peers now?

20. dansmachine

5 seeds available now.
    I like the speedcar most (-:

21. robotfunk

robotfunk Feed your Machine

I give up , will never be able to connect to this...

22. famouswhendead

Every VJ

needs the quick car..
    AMsterdam RING 2005 the whole thing speeded up.
    Basz actually mentioned that loop in the metro newspaper.

:)

But enjoy peoples

I am upping them to
    some you send it type of services as well, will have links later.

23. VGA

VGA ...

Thanks for the clips Famouswhendead!
    Havn't looked at them yet mind, didn't know the torrent had downloaded!
    I'll leave it sat in my share folder for the next few weeks, apperently my status is "Seeding".

24. dansmachine

I'm connected dht all the time. Try using azureus. Won't be seeding long anymore though, my ratio already passed 5 and the HDD is running low...

25. famouswhendead

26. Kyle

Kyle "Hello my VJ friend"

Thanks for sharing. I will leave mine up for a few weeks.

27. famouswhendead

Cheers kyle....

If anyone knows of a place to host them?
    I was thinking google video or archive.org any other ideas?

28. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

google video is useless as it recompresses everything you upload - archive.org is good

29. RayV

RayV =] ++ [=

:kiss: thanks,
    luved the robots especially.
    will leave mine open for a while too

30. fullscreamriot

fullscreamriot New Member

i'll seed this for a few days (unless i'm rebooting, or the computer needs to be shut off for some reason) or more if need be. i think downloading is a lot easier from archive.org (instead of BT) though.