1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ableton Live Video Editing

Discussion in 'Software' started by DJReaction, Feb 11, 2012.

1. DJReaction

DJReaction New Member

Not sure if this is the right part of the forum for this question but it sounded damn good to me! Anyhow, I use Ableton Live for all my audio remixes and mashes and such, well I'm not using it for video and its working out pretty nice however when doing a transition from one song to another (segue) I dont know how to use tools for it to make it look better, in Final Cut I was able to like throw in squares that would break, or circles or something for a good looking transition effect for the track, but with Ableton I'm lost on how to do it! Anyone got an answer for this? Help is much appreciated thanks!

@djreaction_lv
    www.dj-reaction.net
    www.facebook.com/iamdjreaction
    www.thebeatfreakz.net/djreaction

2. dEp

dEp Member

the best results can be arrived at by using a vj software with osc support for the transitions (and other effects). then, from ableton, link the outgoing osc to trigger the video effects. an example: http://vvvv.org/documentation/ableton-live
    :wizard:

3. vjair

vjair Making Shapes

Abeton cant do wipes or transitions - it can only playback a single channel of video. there "might" be a max for live device that lets you do it, but the standard out of the box Ableton cant.

4. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

5. itsthejayj

itsthejayj New Member

Jam2

As Sleepy toms says checkout JAM2 it allows you to play videos in session view just like you would audio. It has automatic transition when you crossfade, move the volume etc. In the next release you can have a/v effects too.

*disclaimer i'm the developer

www.justaddmusictv.com
    www.facebook.com/justaddmusicmedia