1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AI v5 software out now!

Discussion in 'Software' started by vjair, Mar 3, 2012.

1. vjair

vjair Making Shapes

[​IMG]

just thought id let you know, that we have now released v5 of the AI server software ( for those who dont know - AI is a the result of a collaboration between Immersive and Avolites who have jointly setup Avolites Media to deal specificly with the range of software and hardware and use all that both companys have learnt to produce something a bit special )

One of the main results of Avolites Media is a much lower entry price into the range - opening up the software that we at Immersive have been using as our show control system across the world for a several years now. No longer restricted to specific hardware, we even have a dongle version that allows a liscene to go with a user instead of the user needing to take an authorised server with them.

what does it offer?

some of the main features ( but by no means all ) are:

* advanced 3d mapping
    * timeline control of events
    * system exapndability and customisation using the Salvation engine, shaders and freeframe plugins ( if theres a feature you want... just add it! )
    * playback and realtime manipulation of multiple streams of hd video, audio, lighting and event the ability to run Salvation patches within AI.
    * midi, timecode, artnet, citp, network and other communication and control methods
    * AIM codec - a new, better, faster and superior gpu based codec designed specificly for AI which gives much better results than other gpu based systems.
    * vastly increased user control and interation compared to previous Addict / AI releases.

the following is a collection of work we at Immersive have done over the years using the system to give you an idea of some of its abilities

do you want to know more....
    maybe you have a specific question ...
    or perhaps you want to try out the demo ....
    we also have a vimeo channel which will be getting filled up soon with guides, how to's and quick tips (as well as offering regular training courses at our london headquaters )

if you have any questions, thoughts or requests , feel free to contact any of us and we will be glad to help in anyway we can.

on a personal level - i truly feel that AI has become a very mature product and is no longer restricted to being "just" a show control system - i personaly use it for VJ'ing as well it being used for museum installs, television shows and music and entertainment events across the globe.

i have to admit do have vested interests in the product , but those of you who know me, will know i wont put my name to a product i dont support or feel is of worth. im a user with good experience of the system from its birth and for me, AI v5 realy, realy does deliver the goods!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013
  2. newdendrite

newdendrite New Member

>One of the main results of Avolites Media is a much lower entry price into the range

How about providing some cost information to this forum? The website does not show any prices.

3. vjair

vjair Making Shapes

as with any product similar to this - price is a variable thing depending on the chosen support package, training, wether any on site installation is required as well as the level of software and wether any hardware is needed. any of the guys on the contact page can help you out a little more here.

needless to say, we arent looking at taking over the £100 vj software market, so if its that end of things you are looking for, then its probably not the right product for you, that said its a very competitive price compared to similar products and ( in our opinion ) offers some great features over those.

4. madsmeskalin

madsmeskalin Torkonfoslak

Any plans for an OS X version?

5. vjair

vjair Making Shapes

i would think its highly unlikely a non windows version will appear.

6. vjsynth

vjsynth Member

It all sounds and looks very interesting, however one question comes to mind .
    Is there any kind of documentation with it quickstart tutorials or something , because otherwise it may become the next ultra expensive ( or not that much ) ultrausefull tool that noone exept its creators know how to work with ?
    One example is Ventuz , i spent a lot of time with it and yes i learned it but the prise did not cover the learning time in my opinion .
    I ask because a demo is usually given away so the future customers can see what the software is capable of , and i may be too stupid to figure it out but to be honest i did not get very far with it from the time i downloaded it and the time i am writing this post.
    I am sorry if what i wrote seems too agressive but i am just honest .

Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  7. vjair

vjair Making Shapes

our software has already been in use for quite a few large scale worldwide tours - weve trained over 60 operators in the last few months, so its deffo not a tool that only we know how to use.

we currently offer on site training, telephone support, email support, skype and gotomeeting events. with any luck we will have some of the vids online this week, weve just been so busy promoting, selling and training, we just havnt had time to finish them yet.

8. vjsynth

vjsynth Member

I am very interested in the software .
    How can i get some info about training/documentation because i am in Bulgaria ( meaning out of budget for abroad training , its a poor country :( ) ?
    Should i PM you or wait for the official release ?

9. vjair

vjair Making Shapes

as a follow up - we will be releasing a manual ( 106 pages of info goodness! ) with the 5.1 release of AI ( which is very likely to happen over the next week - 5.1 now exists as does the manual )

first batch of 8 video tutorials is also pretty much there too, although being very busy has meant i couldnt finish them this week - the first batch of tutorials will be on edge blending, mapping editor, livemap, system / interface tutorials, technique and project building...

busy times!

10. vjsynth

vjsynth Member

Glad to hear that :)
    Will be whiting for documentation and pricing .

11. tajwok

tajwok New Member

It is a shame though that mac users like me cannot take advantage of this great software. Hope one day they will develop one version for Mac!
    online slot machines

12. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

Mac users could run it under boot camp. But the mac hardware is a bit weak really.