1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternatives to the Edirol V8

Discussion in 'A/V' started by Tom Central, May 2, 2012.

1. Tom Central

Tom Central VJ/DJ/Producer/Designer

Hi all,

Myself and my VJing better half are looking into expanding our current 2 turntable and Video SL set into a 4 turntable and 2 video SL VJ show. All we really want is a piece of kit that will mix one video feed into another.

We know about the Edirol V4 and V8 but they are way way over our budget. I was wondering whether you bright sparks knew of anything else on the market that is gonna be much cheaper and achieves the same result.

Go!

2. alfaleader

alfaleader Member

1T-C2-750 mixer in combination with iMixHD?

3. vjair

vjair Making Shapes

video mixers are unavoidably expensive, although the v4 / v8 are great bits of kit that will last yeeeears ( must have had mine for 8 years? ) so when you look at it like that, they arent realy "that" expensive.

there isnt realy anything else like the v4 / v8.

4. Tom Central

Tom Central VJ/DJ/Producer/Designer

Thanks for the responses guys. I think we'll be sticking with Video SL for the time-being. And we'll either dump the idea of a 4 deck set or try and find the money for a V8.

5. smilingoff

smilingoff New Member

If you play the auctions right, you can snatch a V4 on eBay for a bit less than $700. Love mine to death. I'm going to be buried with it.

I was half paying attention to what I was writing and I looked up and saw "I'm going to be buried with you" which is maybe the absolute creepiest way of ending a message board post.

6. Hexide

Hexide Sleeper/Dreamer

v-4

Came across this.
    Tell you what.
    Im selling a v-4 for like $800 USD on amazon

I like the forums, and the people here, and I've learned alot and had some great opportunities.

If your'e looking for an ntsc v-4 I'll sell you the one I have for $600 USD.
    It's in gorgeous condition, and was recently serviced by roland like a year and a half ago.

If your interested just send me a private message.
    Offer good for all of june (unless someone snaps it up on amazon)

ps. "I'm going to be buried with you" ;)
    man im going to have to start ending letters like that.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  7. vjair

vjair Making Shapes

v4's ( and probably v8's ) are both pal and ntsc

8. SilentEclipse

SilentEclipse PH 5.9

I may be selling my V4.. am based in London

9. Hexide

Hexide Sleeper/Dreamer

Really ? never knew that actually every time i turn mine on it displays out NtSC and figured it was one or the other.
    thanks for the heads up.

10. vjair

vjair Making Shapes

theres a button combo you hold at startup to change from ntsc to pal, but i cannae remember what it is. ( theres a few button combos on the v4 which give secret menus when held on startup ;) )

11. barto

barto New Member

you could get an older broadcast mixer. theres several in the panasonic family that are pretty good. they are a bit bigger though