1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone know if Winamp has a Dual Monitor Support feature?

Discussion in 'Software' started by xblackrayx, Apr 4, 2005.

1. xblackrayx

xblackrayx New Member

Jus wondering if anyone knows whether or not Winamp has a Dual monitor support. Right now i use it for my visuals, but its a drag bringing it to full screen and then i cant use my pc anymore, til i come out of it. If anyone has any info or help it would be very much appreciated.

2. johnnylocust

johnnylocust R3dN3cK \/_/

It actually depends on what visualization plugin you're using. The built in vis works like crap on dual monitor, but others may be designed a little better.

3. xblackrayx

xblackrayx New Member

thanks... do u have any suggestions?

4. VJzoo

VJzoo its a fairlight!

5. asterix

asterix IMAGINEER

Run it using desktop mode (for AVS, Milkdrop etc) and remove any desktop background images.
    or use a multiple deskptop manager. Support at the forums.winamp.com would be your best bet otherwise.

6. SlinkyTrips

SlinkyTrips New Member

free framing works but has a delay to it.
    My tip is to switch on your composite or svideo out as a secondary monitor rearange the monitors (not physically, in windows) so the video out is on top. Give it a low res like 640*480 or 800*600. Run winamp and activate the avs, open the editor and under display activate pixel doubling. Stretch and move the avs window so it fills the tv output screen but you can see the next, previous and random buttons at the bottom. You can use them to as well as the direct jump hot keys to change the avs. Now dispite the pixel doubling the TV out will still look sweet.

by the way i use a Asus Radeon 9600xt
    ________
    Harley-Davidson WL

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  7. Rovastar

Rovastar /..\

R4 now has multimon support which was added in recent releases.

http://www.rabidhamster.org/R4 now on version 1.17

MilkDrop has patchy multimon support dependant on your graphics card.

AVS in 640*480 *AND* pixel doubling. Arrrrghhhhhh. For the love of God.

8. SlinkyTrips

SlinkyTrips New Member

to be honest i dont know exactly how it works,i do know my TV output cleans up any movies i put out at full screen though. But you will have to try it for yourself. Pixel doubling is the only way to get a smooth output and to cut down on the tearing. You can bump your screen output res to 1024*768 and it should still perform smoothly. So as with all things you will have to just try it out for yourself.
    ________
    easyvape vaporizer

9. Meierhans

Meierhans Spezialmusik

This is called "Theater Mode", monitor is cloned and any overlay will be shown on second display in fullscreen. Most VJ apps (beside Resolume) don`t use this method but "real" double screen. Look inside your graphics driver, active second display to extend destop.

10. SlinkyTrips

SlinkyTrips New Member

i am well familiar with the theatre mode but i have always found that sometimes you can have a video out on a TV that looks better than on a PC monitor. I guess a native pal signal will look better on a TV output than on the computer monitor which is usually a much higher resolution.

Why dont more VJ apps use this feature?
    ________
    Honda CT70