1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Secret VJ App?

Discussion in 'Software' started by DrEskaton, Feb 17, 2005.

1. DrEskaton

DrEskaton Triple Hexagon, Osaka

Check out this report about new goodies from
    Apple at NAB.

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0502fcp5.html

Mention is made of a new pro video app called Fantasia.

code name would certainly fit a VJ app.

Plus:

Apple is known to have hired Pol, creator of Pixelshox.

Peter Warden has worked / is still working for Apple.

I'm actually guessing the new pro video app may be a polished commercial version of Pixelshox/QuartzComposer. A realtime 3D program with a timeline and live performance capabilities, but they will aim it at a broader market than just VJs.
  2. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

fantastic! I may have to buy a Mac.:p
  3. thomase

thomase VJ Wunderkind

??? I am confused I thought you already had 2 or three???

anyway - I don't really think there will be a dedicated vj soft from apple. Maybe a new video soft, but not a real vj soft...
  4. lotech

lotech video junkies

Wicked! - Apple sure know their markets - 1% of 5% - sounds like a good user base and will no doubt come as part of iLife. Every man and his single mousebutton dog will be a VJ - just like everyone is starting their own garageband.

Stick to OS's (OSX is still the best) and cool but low spec'd PCs. Apple shouldn't step on the toes of 3rd party developers - a good example is Konfabulator.
    They've spent years making that and then Apple stabs them in the back and adds basically the same thing to Tiger.
    This will completely kill Konfabulators market.
  5. jaqx

jaqx New Member

i won't believe until i see

eskaton do you know if Quartz Composer allows more than one output? I fantasize a lot about the power of having 2 video cards and outputing to 3 projectors...

and that can only be done with isadora as far as i know...
  6. VJFranzK

VJFranzK AreYouDreamingRightNow?

that could be said for isadora (& jitter) as well, couldn't it?
    that's the key - that it's meant for more than our eccentric market (1% of 5%? ;)
    perhaps it'll have director or flash type functions for interactive media...

they'll drop "garage VJ" in about 3 years, :scared: it's all over, then. :rolleyes:
  7. murk

murk Bringer of Blight

It will be awesome when Apple finally eliminates all 3rd party developers. Then we will have clean, pure OS just like IBM has always wanted. All apps will look the same and so will the machines. It will be perfection incarnate.
  8. visualove

visualove New Member

This would too perfect "Big White" - not IBM but IAM "I AM" International Apple Machines

Instead of clones with briefcases, we will have clones with iPODS. (the Apple 1985 Superbowl commercial showed IBM PC users with briefcases walking lemming-like off a cliff)

I don't hate Apple but I could't resist...
  9. KillingFrenzy

KillingFrenzy KillingFrenzy Visuals

Populosity

As I see it, if visuals software goes mainstream, it means I get to reclaim that 20 minutes of my set each night I spend trying to yell into someones ear to explain what I'm doing.
  10. murk

murk Bringer of Blight

Re: Populosity

:p Word brotha!
  11. LEVLHED

LEVLHED gear whoreder

12. syzygy

syzygy non-verbal communication

i reckon levlhed might be the one VJ who actually enjoys people being confused about what he is doing.

A successful set for levlhed means that even other VJs present are confused about what he is doing ;)

Dan.
  13. levon

levon Headless Chicken

when micro$oft do it, everyone cries, when apple do it, its a stroke of genuis.

it sucks that logic, motion and shake are not availible to windows users.
  14. thomase

thomase VJ Wunderkind

true, but that's the best way to sell thier machines these days: having outstanding software that ony runs on them...

BTW I think there ARE different ways to use OUR apps to di something else, i.e. the "misuse" of vj apps could open a new market...