1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVIT SF update

Discussion in 'San Francisco, USA (June 2004)' started by vjculture, May 4, 2004.

1. vjculture

vjculture New Member

AVIT
    June 10th-13th SF CA

Thursday AVIT Theater
    Academy of Art Morgan Auditorium
    7:30-10:30
    Special Guest
    The Light Surgeon?s
    Also performing Chris Willits and Scott Pagano A/V Set

We need volunteers
    Ushers
    Ticket sales at the door
    Technical help
    Promotion
    Help is needed on Wed. and Thursday

Friday Daytime
    AVIT Social 12:00 to 5:00PM
    As out of town artists and vendors arrive Dimension 7 Studio is open to those that are participating in AVIT. Think of it as a Video Salon. Guest can check email, prepare content, test gear and get acquainted with each other.

We need Volunteers from 10:00AM to noon to help setup.
    1 Volunteer to be a driver to and from the Airports.
    (This driver will need to go with me to the rental car agency to be added to the drivers list.

Friday Night Lightrhythm Party at Cellspace
    See John.
    Tickets will be available at Thursday night's Light Surgeon Show and Friday during the day at Dimension 7

Saturday Tradeshow
    11:30 to 5:30
    Studio Z

We need help
    9:00AM to help Vendors setup.
    Setting up booths and running power cables.
    11:30AM we need volunteers to help with signing guests in at the door
    10 volunteers over the coarse of 6 hours.

Saturday Night Showcase
    Studio Z
    9:00-4:00AM

Starting at 5:30 when we strike the tradeshow we need a large crew to transform Studio Z into the party.
    We need people with technical experience in setting up video suites and projectors.
    Once the show begins we need help assisting artists. (Technical experience required)
    Ticket sales. 12 volunteers to work the door.
    Promotion night of the event.
    Flyering the 11th St. area
    Staffing the VIP area/gear area
    Strike. This is where we really need everyone?s help. Strike will go fast if we have a large crew. We will start striking the side room first (3:30-4:00)

Flyering and Promotion
    We need lots of help promoting.
    Anyone with contacts to radio, TV or print please send them the PR kit and follow up with them.
    We especially need help flyering outside the city.

AVIT sponsors and exhibitors this year will include Edirol, Pioneer, Korg, Numark, Academy of Art University, Remix, M-Audio, Vidvox, Redbull, Viditar, EJ Enterprises, Lightrythym Visuals, E-Optica, Microcinema, Arkaos and more. Be sure to catch the tradeshow on Saturday, June 12th from Noon until Five to visit our sponsors? booths. Don?t forget to take advantage of this unique opportunity to learn all about their products.
    Tickets for Saturday night's event will be on sale at the tradeshow. Buy them for $10.00 $15.00 at the door.

Our talent showcase later that evening will feature Tino Corp, TV Sheriff and the Trail buddies, VJ Shinji, Zelabo, VJ Anyone, Spark, EJ Enterprises, Pure DeKam, LAVA, Simplistiks Visuals and Delray with Broker/Dealer, Spook and more. Some talent is still to be confirmed. Please check our website for the most recent updates.
    Dj Shadow will join Tino Corp for a jam session.
    Please contact avit regarding hotels. We have great rates for out of town guests.

2. vjTranceKoder

vjTranceKoder AVPA is the only way

Wish I could be there to throw down this year. You all will be missed. Break a leg!

3. murph

murph vidiot

Yay, I'll be there, booked my ticket and I'm on my way!

(I may be sleeping in the street, but maybe I can sell my body for a hotel room...)

I'll be glad to help out, rigging and temporary door monkey are my prefferred chores.

CAN'T WAIT!

4. Bassheadde

Bassheadde New Member

oooh ya baby

This thing keeps getting bigger and bigger, so happy to hear that we have so much international support this year. Big ups to every one helping out, hope to see some more VJ's and AV peeps start to come out of the wood work.
    We will need allot of help to pull it off BIG.
    BIG BIG BIG

One step closer to bringing the "VJ" into the mainstream's veiw.
    Thanks for the help every one.
    :cheers:

Bassheadde aka Bishop
    Simplistiks, AVIT North America

5. spark

spark cut-up, composit, create

you know you have my time =]

6. vjpixylight

vjpixylight AKA Will O' The Wisp

and mine too:)

7. vjculture

vjculture New Member

Murph on the street

Murph, you know we wouldn't let you sleep on the street.
    We are running a hustler service on the side. Just let me know your price, I'm sure we can find a few takers.
    It's San Francisco:love2:

8. murph

murph vidiot

Re: Murph on the street

sweet, I'm all set! =]

seriously, can't wait guys, I'm PUMPED! =]

(and trying to round up more support from the few folks I know out there...)

9. spark

10. WordVirus23

WordVirus23 NoInput is Detected

Before, During, After AVIT SF

hey everyone... just wanted to let everyone know, there is an awesome mountian party in the middle of the forest on the sat-sun of the weekend during AVIT if people wanted to party in the great californian outdoors... good people, also, I'm resident at a club tuesday-saturday nights, various styles of music, from house & trance on tues & fri, reggae on thurs and rock bands on wed & sat. feel free to email me at wordvirus23 at MYWAY.com

miss you all, miss my internet connection even more.

PS. I might be able to make it up on friday, but a contract is a contract (6 month, thanks again APT for the contract template)

..james...
    Pilot/Director
    NoInput:Visual Product
    Fresno, CA

PPS. Also, to the Space Dub crew, *PLEASE* stop in and visit.
    also, travelling VJs can be put up for a night er two in the spare room, can gig w/ me to earn yer keep. :)

11. vjpixylight

vjpixylight AKA Will O' The Wisp

Re: Before, During, After AVIT SF

hey James
    i was going to fly out(still might), but more than likely the Cru will be driving out, so we will definately hook up on the way through..

(I will be out for sure either way, but there is also many other activities like the A/V domeFest that might pull Avery and doug to it instead of AVit..

I might do the drive out myself if I have too.. so...

:)

12. vjculture

vjculture New Member

Sunday After AVIT

There's a great street party the Sunday after AVIT. It's the Haight Asbury Street Fair. Lots of great music and dancing in the street.
    It gets packed. Bring both a light jacket and summer clothes.

13. spark

cool... keep 'em coming!