1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVit Video Archive..?

Discussion in 'Past AVIT Events' started by vjpixylight, Aug 18, 2009.

?

Where to start an AVit Archive?

1. [url]www.archive.org[/url]

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. [url]www.vimeo.com[/url]

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. [url]www.youtube.com[/url]

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. [url]www.vjvault.com[/url]

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. we don't need an avit archive...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. vjpixylight

vjpixylight AKA Will O' The Wisp

I know it's been talked about b4, but I finally went thru the collection of VJ DV I have been collecting, and pulled out all the AVits I was part off since the 2003 Chicago Avit.
    I'm going to get all of it digitized while I am at work, and then wonder where it should go as part of a greater archive.
    I think we had talked about getting up on archive.org, but it would also be nice to have it all up on vimeo or another hosting service like vimeo..

What do you all think?

2. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

does it matter?
    Archive.org is best because you can be sure that the original files will be downloadable, all the other sites only offer converted formats for online viewing.

Archive.org should be where the main archive live, selected bits can be put on vimeo / youtube / whatever

Archive.org will also let you upload zip files / pdfs / whatever so non-video documentation can be added to the archive.

My only wish for this is that people actually upload something somewhere. There has been far too much talking and far too little doing with regards avit recently (by recently i mean in the last 3 years!)

3. stickygreen

stickygreen this is my custom title

put it on all of them, you never know who will be the first site to go belly up? and all the footage could be gone forever....

4. vjpixylight

5. vjpixylight