1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back projecting on the cheap. Any tips?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Tom Central, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Tom Central

Tom Central VJ/DJ/Producer/Designer

Small club with low ceilings and low lighting, probably a basic projector. Would be grateful for any advice!
  2. stickygreen

stickygreen this is my custom title

get TV's, it's easier..
  3. lumen

lumen New Member

Mirrors!

mirror on the wall, point projector at it, flip image, direct it at the screen.

Bit fiddly but can do a good job of expanding the throw. You need a certain type of mirror though i think... found it on this here forum, somewhere
  4. Tom Central

Cheers for the info dude! I'd be interested to find out about the type of mirror? Plastic Acrylic maybe? As long as I can flip the image in the projector all good. Is that better than just projecting from behind with image flipped?

The venue also says there are a load of old monitors we can wire into as well, but I imagine that needs scan convertors and stuff I don't know about!! :)
  5. PCProject

PCProject Moderator

Mirror from an old moving mirror type lighting fixture but be careful as they are VERY thin.
  6. Tom Central

Thanks to all those who replied. The solution was a bank of old school monitors hooked up via a USB-powered Scan convertor. Worked really well in a small, low-ceiling basement. The image just shows a static image that we had on before the AV performance. There maybe some images from the full show (and in better res sorry about the shitty iPhone pic).

Night went well, they got a good little thing going there. If you're ever in Leicester. Sophbeck Sessions. Arrive very late...like 3am :) No, is not Spain.

[​IMG]