1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

beach themed stuff

Discussion in 'Finding Content' started by gnomatron, May 17, 2006.

1. gnomatron

gnomatron two5 studio

hi all,

I need clips for a "beach party" theme night this friday. Have found a bunch of stuff on archive.org that's quite nice, but any other interesting stuff would be good.
  2. deepvisual

deepvisual visually challenged

look for a movie called "beach blanket bingo".
    They don't make 'em like that anymore.
  3. BIOPTIX

BIOPTIX User#7

You could add a twist to that theme with a few clips from films like 'Robinson Crusoe' 'Shipwrecked' 'Lord of the flies' etc... maybe turn it into a theme within a theme which develops throughout the night. Start off with a big storm and a shipwreck (or several) as the night progresses the various characters could all 'meet up' and you could finish with a full moon Tai beach rave ala 'The beach'. Just an idea...it's a lot to prepare tho if the gig is this friday! Good luck.
  4. gnomatron

gnomatron two5 studio

great idea!

Probably a bit much to get ready before friday, but i'll keep it in mind for next time there's a beach party theme night.

I'm doing a blue-screen "virtual beach" thing, which I'm hoping works out ok, so some nice simple beach backdrops would be good; I've found a few already, more might be good.
  5. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

Coincidently, I just played Ft Lauderdale. :D

[​IMG]
    1:00min, 320*240 QT, Click the photo to go to the link.

I raced to get this up before I go off the grid again (gotta pack right now!) so I apologize if for some reason it won't download for you. It's a minute long -- should be good enough for a little scratching or speed-up...The sky might even chromakey.
    :fish:
    Sorry it's only 320, but i don't have much bandwidth here.

holly
  6. gnomatron

gnomatron two5 studio

That's great, thanks very much! 320 is fine, it's what I use mostly anyway; I prefer quick responsive clips, and I'm just using a laptop at the moment.
  7. many2

many2 Active Member

I love your idea :)
  8. BIOPTIX

BIOPTIX User#7

Cheers mate

It might work better as a pre recorded film remix to look really convincing. It would take a hell of a lot of pre planning and prep work to pull it off live.

I like the 'virtual beach' concept too, I'm really into immersive environments. Should be a good gig methinks!
  9. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

10. gnomatron

gnomatron two5 studio

haha, awesome, I love it!

I have a beach party next weekend, actually, not sure if I'm doing visuals at it or not though, mind you.
  11. dongbamage

dongbamage Bad Ass VJ

hey man we just did a beach party gig, sources were:

Sponge Bob Square Pants the movie ,Elvis Aloha from hawaii , windowlicker, baywatch, anything hasslehoff, maori stuff, spring break a whole bunch of random generic beach themed bs plus some loverly beach shots and a whole bunch of sexc ladies ;)

chuck in a bit of live feed and u've only got 40 or so hours work :p
  12. gnomatron

gnomatron two5 studio

Actually, for the first beach party that i was talking about above i made a very rough and ready bluescreen rig, which worked fairly well, and just superimposed some of the punters onto the beach. They liked it and it was interesting to try. I didn't do very much with it, mind you, but it was fun anyway.