1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beaming on buildings from a car

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by allume, Oct 25, 2009.

1. allume

allume vjing gave my youth back

hi guys

In the last months (years?) we've been reading about beaming on buildings from the outside, from cars, busses. Quick setups using power from a modded mobile platform.

I've been looking for all the threads, since I'm trying to make a budget for something similar over here.

I've found Beaming onto buildings (2006)
    Projectors for outdoor projections (2009)

I can't find the sine-converter thread (that thing used to invert power from the car's one to the one used from the projector)

One other thing is: I'll need some 5000 lumen projector, but I want to be recommended on which one for such a non-reliable power source.

It's sounding everyting quiste expensive...

:help:
  2. deepvisual

deepvisual visually challenged

thats cause its inverter, not converter
  3. allume

thanks deepvisual.
  4. stickygreen

stickygreen this is my custom title

if your planning on using multiple 5000 lumen projectors. I would forget the idea of using the vehicles power supply and get your self a generator. specifically an inverter type, like a honda eu series.

2 x 5000 lumen machines will probably use at least 1200 Watts. plus all you other equiptment. you'll need at least 2000 watts of power. but really once you get all your gear sorted then you can add up all you power req's and get an appropiate power supply.
  5. stuckfootage

stuckfootage Digital Media Artist

6. allume

thx. I don't think I'll (we'll) go beyond 1 projector)
    The generator way seems to be the more practical because is the most usable in the future (once we got it we can extend that way of working in many different hardware lineup without too many problems)ù

can you adivece me one?

@stuckfootage: you're plan is my plan B: everything is up to my budget.
  7. stickygreen

honda eu series. there very quiet, fuel efficent, and there sine wave safe for sensetive electronics.
    not the cheapest, but the honda brand is worth the additional cost.
  8. deepvisual

deepvisual visually challenged

dont use the genny inside a vehicle.
    you'll poison yourselves
  9. allume

yes. good advice ;)

the idea of the thread is not "beaming on building from a car in movement", but just be able to move around quite quickly a set up.

oddly enough the prices seem to be higher in Italy than in US...
    As soon as I come to a good budget I'll post everything- It might be useful.

cheers.
  10. stickygreen

i've noticed that generators are cheaper in the US than canada to? I don't know how to explain it. But it's not like shipping one over from the US is an option...

I don't know what Voltage mains you have in Italy but that is another deciding factor to consider. My generator only has 120V so I cannot run any of the large commercial machines from it (barco r-10) But I think most consumer grade 5000 lumen machines would be OK. In the UK however they use 240V for everything, adn one generator will power everything, as long as you have enough power output.
  11. PCProject

PCProject Moderator

actually everything has been standardised throughout the EU @ 230V AC

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009