1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double Dip Recession

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by 6071842, Aug 10, 2011.

1. 6071842

6071842 I've given money to VJForums

Its all happening in the news and the world (not the 'NOW' now thats another Different kettle of fish) it seems at the moment.

Whats everyone's thought on this? Looks like we are heading for another recession or just going deeper into this one.

How's everyone feeling about it?

:(
  2. dEp

dEp Member

eh, I think it's great. the whole economical context (the rule of capital combined with a quartal stock market demanding perpetual growth) is inherently flawed, and the sooner it comes crashing down, the sooner us humans can start to move towards a better system.

[​IMG]

it's worth noting that the recession is not a new phenomenon: it's just the same rich gettin' richer, poor gettin' poorer bullshit that the mechanics of the present system are geared towards. i mean, sure there's been a "dip" or a "double dip" or whatever, but that's just flutter and fluctuation; the point is that these are not anomalies, they are symptoms.

now, I want to make it clear that I think it's great to see harmful abstractions crumble and give way to something better; it's not great to see people lose their homes, etc... kinda funny, really, that the "economic downturn" impacts the lives of so many, and those in charge can successfully act like they've got no control over it. after all, money is a made-up thing, composed entirely of make-believe (and, in rarer and rarer cases, a bit of paper or metal). the entire economic framework could be swapped overnight, if there was a will to do so... why such a will does not exist among the people who could make it happen is a mystery to me, but the sooner we start ignoring those people and creating a different world for ourselves, the better. :hippy::grouphug:
  3. john01

john01 5 quids worth of italics

What we are seeing is a symptom of the change of the economic balance of power, away from Europe & N.America and to Asia, Africa and South America. The so called "west" will still argue for deference to the belief that their trouble is the world's trouble, but rising markets, such as Indonesia will prove them wrong.

It was obvious 10 years ago the US economy was on its uppers.

This current dip will be exploited to the full by the wealthy, who are already better off than they were in 2007, they will scoop up all the under priced shares that panicky traders sold. But this is just a sideshow, the real message here is the USA is in decline, and Europe has already declined.