1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD VJing?

Discussion in 'Just Starting' started by Lobotomy, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Lobotomy

Lobotomy New Member

Hey all,

I have tried to search out the info I need but I'm having difficulty.

I DJ/Run a club night and I want to do a Video night whereby we play Music Videos and Audio instead of records/CD's.

My first instinct was to try and hire a couple of DVJ-X1's but they arent available here yet, and besides I'm guessing they will be expensive to hire, and I would like to do a trial run of the concept with my patrons first!

Also I have many years experience in IT so I figured, I should be able to do this on a PC with the right software/hardware?

I have access to projectors, several PC's etc. and I have a pretty high end video card and I don't mind spending modest sums on additional TV card/ software if necessary but the cheaper the better :)

So I was looking for advice on where to get started?

Was looking at Resolume briefly, I'm guessing I'd need to Rip my DVD clips to HDD to use this?

Any help or advice would be appreciated,

Cheers,

Gerry

2. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

their simply are no cheap solutions for playing music video from dvd

if you want to be able to DJ with music videos then you need to try the dvj-x1 it is soo much ahead of anything else.

for software options have a look at neromixer which is free and will sort of let you mix music videos that you've ripped to harddisk - its not really too good a program though and last time i checked it out it lacked the stability and performance required for serious work.

VJamm 2.5x is the best performing software audiovisual player but again isn't really designed for music video mixing - it can be used to very good effect though and is a very good combo when used with a single dvj-x1.