1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVJ-1000 vs DVX-X1

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cristobal, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Cristobal

Cristobal Vision 2012

Hey!

(Topic has a typ0, its of course ment to be DVJ-X1)

What is the biggest differences between this players? I can read, but it does not really tell me much, i have never had my hands on any of them.

I would love someone with onhand experience differenciate them.

CHeeRs!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
  2. bryandod

bryandod Integrated Visions

The DVJ 1000 is smaller (exactly the same size as a cdj 1000) than the x1. The DVJ 1000 also lets you set 100 cue points per disc, and the X1 only lets you set 4 cues per disc. The DVJ 1000 also lets you bounce the loop foward and backward.

The X1 has component output while the DVJ1000 only has composite and S-video.

These are the main differences, I think. The X1 would be a good choice for someone who needs better quality component output (such as broadcast use). I personally set alot of cue points on each disc so I prefer the DVJ 1000.

3. Cristobal

Cristobal Vision 2012

So the extra 1000 bucks for the X1 is just because of Component output ?

4. vjair

vjair Making Shapes

the x1 came out first ( first dvj deck on the market maybe, but i could be wrong ), which probably partialy acounts for its higher list price too

5. deepvisual

deepvisual visually challenged

pioneer tend to release one product onto the market in two phases.

1 flagship must-have nightclub install phase.

2 cheaper smaller version for individual users.

people considering getting an SVm100o might want to keep this in mind and wait a while.

6. SteveG

SteveG Downstairs for Dancing

Apart from the obvious spec differences which you can read about I think most have been covered above. The X1's pricing would have been contributed to by the development costs. It's much larger and heavier. The 1000 now has composite "out" and sync "in" on BNC which is a good thing, 100 available cue points which is great from DJ's like Yoda and the DJ Rooney's sort of mixing. MP3 file search and other smaller improvements have been made. Having used them both I can honestly say there was a noticeable improvement with the DVJ 1000. I found it more accurate and easier to beat match with. It also has an improved wave read out for more accurate cueing and monitoring. Having said that if you want a single DVJ for VJ'ing and can pick up a good second hand X1 for a good price then do so, it's more than adequate for the job. The DVJ X1 is no longer in production and will only be available second hand.

7. Cristobal

Cristobal Vision 2012

thanks for the answers guys.
    the dvj-1000 looks my choice when the time comes.