1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finding text

Discussion in 'Finding Content' started by necessary evil, Sep 6, 2006.

1. necessary evil

necessary evil New Member

Help ASAP please

Right i am an arkoas user and im sure as you know the txt is very lame and blocky, and i have a very big night coming up this saturday (9th sept) www.drumandbassbedlam.co.uk and am seriously lacking in visuals with DJ's names sooooo if anyone could tell me were i could get some half decent Jpg's with and of the names shown on the flyer in the link above or even better complete visuals in MOV or MPG, it would be very very much appreciated,

Everyone has helped me so much before soooo please help me in my time of need

VJ FORTE :help: :help: :help:
  2. evomedia

evomedia Control Freaks

You should just make up some clips with the dj's names, just get some fonts and get making, do you have any progs for content creation? Flash? AE? Vegas? in fact most video editing software generally has a function for making titles if you don't know how to animate.

Get some fonts that suit the night and get making, www.dafont.com is a good source for fonts for free.

Even if you can't animate, then just make up some jpegs yourselves in photoshop, or even paint. Come on it aint hard. It doesn't need to be a logo as many DJ's don't have their own.

Your a VJ now, do some work damn you lol

If you need advice on creating content then post and ask, but doubt you'll either find a file for every dj and no point for something as simple as creating a dj announce.
  3. Rovastar

Rovastar /..\

I'll echo what is above.

You can easily make jpegs yourself. If it is a "very big night" then you should have accounted for some costs towards some contnet creation even if that is just logos, text of the artists names.

Use common sense. Google the artists names. You will find pictures of dillinja, andy c, etc and logos, etc if they have them. A pic of the artist with text in MS paint or better still the open-source art package "Gimp".

or go out and buy fridge magnets of letters or scrabble letters, etc and photograph them with the artist name on a black background 0r film and key it out and film them overhead as you create them or stop motion ani stylee.
    There are loads of simple and easy things to do.

That will be all you need.

You will need to do artists/night names for many events so get learning it.

Sorry to soundharsh but to expect everyone else to do the work for you is frankly a little lazy.

See this is what you samplers have created with your sample culture people forget how to make stuff themselves. ;) :p
  4. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

some people are just crap / unimaginative...

but this is a classic example of how sampling is not easier or faster than self-creation. Almost anyone with any computer produced in the last 15 years can make an animated logo in less time than it takes to find a logo animation on the web, dvd or TV to sample.
  5. Kyle

Kyle "Hello my VJ friend"

Try to get your name on the flyer too.
  6. Rovastar

Rovastar /..\

Or at least on the screen!!!
  7. necessary evil

necessary evil New Member

thanks everyone

thats a great help if a little harsh, im not lazy i put about 2hours work into my visuals every night to keep them as fresh as possible, i should of explained before that my photoshop has gone totally mental so is out of use and im a mac user so dont have paint and i was only booked to do the night a week ago so in a way i was trying to cheat and steal some stuff. ok thats all my excuses and i respect everything your saying cheers for the help and i will try and post a short demo of the night and would love to here some feedback.

VJ Forte

P.S - evomedia NEED to know more about this VJ Agency
  8. gnomatron

gnomatron two5 studio

if the djs have their own logos, surely they'd be on the flyer? Whoever did the flyer ought to be able to get you some useful stuff, i.e. the names of the logos on the flyer, copies of the photoshop files of it, etc., which you can use as the basis for some content.
  9. Rovastar

Rovastar /..\

Youcan still use GIMP. It is a decent art program

http://www.gimp.org/
  10. SteveG

SteveG Downstairs for Dancing

One of the first things I think you should be doing as a club or event VJ is learning how to interact with the promoters and DJ's. Contacting them directly helps and they'll be only too happy to send all the logos, fonts and promo material such as press shots.

Very simple files with logos, DJ names etc go a long way to please DJ's and promoters....even throw in a few of the venue too.

Simple text programmes - Swishmax and Swift 3d to start with can have you producing moving logos etc within minutes.