1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

footage for hiphop gig

Discussion in 'Finding Content' started by CRAbS, Nov 4, 2006.

1. CRAbS

CRAbS commander

hello everyone,
    i'm looking for footage from breakdancers, graffity, turntablism and other hiphop related video for a hiphop gig i'm vj-ing.
    can you help?
    greetings
    vj crabs

2. mxmai

mxmai pointless anagram

mmm, i've got a hiphop gig on tonight. it's pretty hard to do without looking cliche....

sorry, not much help here.

3. SteveG

SteveG Downstairs for Dancing

You don't mention timeframe or budget.....I got some useful material from Arkaos.net for this sort of gig. I cant remember whether they came with upgrades ie demo patches or whether they may be on the discs they sell with content. They have a few patches (collections) with skaters and quite a few that feature good quality breakdance clips. It's cliche but does help. Even if you dont use Arkaos the clips are QT so are useful.

4. taperecorder

taperecorder New Member

if you're into "sampling" you can grab some moments from the movie wildstyle or another hiphop culture movie.. otherwise, make friends with someone that's into breakin'

5. makemassair

makemassair makemassair.co.uk

wildstyle is a wicked film.

as is style wars and scratch.

BO

6. mxmai

mxmai pointless anagram

one thing that always goes down at a hip hop gig is locking down a camera and pointing it at the turntables, so you can bust in for a closeup when the DJ drops a scratch or beat juggles.

7. CRAbS

CRAbS commander

thanks for the idea's and sorry for the late reply.