1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free 4 disc compilation set

Discussion in 'Finding Content' started by sketchyj, Jun 29, 2006.

1. sketchyj

sketchyj New Member

message me with your address
    [​IMG]

2. seex

seex Codeep visuals

Save one for me!!!

3. sketchyj

sketchyj New Member

Seex, i'm sending you a disc....however, to everyone else who so far has messaged me for discs overseas.....i'm not going to send any out to people I don't recognize on this forum. Most of the requestees had 0-2 posts total on their profiles. I couldn't spend wads of money sending my hard work out just so a fellow competitor can get a laugh on SketchyCorp, you understand. Anyone who is a VJ for a day or just curious can get the full resolution DVD files ready to burn in a 1.25gb free download. Only 25 downloads available, so get them before they're gone!!
    http://www.streamload.com/jaso888n

4. AlleycatLA

AlleycatLA New Member

Your Mailbox is full... (Warning: F word ahead!)

I typed this all up as a private message, but your box is full. I'll post this publicly, because you all might find this story interesting...

No problem with not sending the DVD, I know this cost you some bux. Sorry to hear about all the "new Member account" requests, it sure sounds strange to me too! Please post publicly if you find out what is up. BTW, I've been here learning for a few years, not new at all, lol! I've liked a lot of what you have put up for download - nice stuff, thank you! I don't play loops, but you always inspire me.

Here is a strange story about syncronicity that you might find interesting. I was doing a underground party in an art gallery/warehouse in Los Angeles a couple years ago. A guy came up to me (60 years old) - he did all the :gag: album covers in the 70's and 80's (way trippy), and had a group called the :gag: . Very well connected - Even had a CD out. They all performed in costume as the Borg, and had a great story arc. They asked me to perform with them.

I was overjoyed! An opportunity to perform with world-class musicians, doing a GOOD rock/electronica opera! Something to get me inches in the LA Times Calendar! I'm gonna be FAMOUS!

This was around the time you were working in your night club with the outfits and fire FX. What was amazing was they were on your wavelength, and didn't even know/or heard of you! They were working in a simular vein.

There was talk of a second CD, and a DVD that I would produce. There was a radio and TV PR blitz. Not to mention planning a world tour. I was gonna hit you up for help.

I expected an amazing staging: cool sets, cutting edge lighting, costuming... and earth-shattering sound! Damn, I was excited!

Yeah well.

Sure, all the musicians were well known and making big bucks. So much so that they couldnt be bothered with rehearsals. There were NONE. By the time the gig came around, I showed up only to find the only space left for my visuals was on the wall BEHIND the audience! I had spent WEEKS creating presets (I use VisualJockey) to match the way cool storyline of what was in my mind a premo Opera. Staging and lighting? Two bare bulbs hanging from the ceiling. Must have been 40 watts. Together. Couldn't see the staging, but people were tripping (but not like that).

The cool costumes had something to do with spaghetti collanders on the lead's head with wire and twinkle lights. The audio was so Fucked that cyotees could have been having sex. I doubt the "musicians" were all playing the same song, much less the same riff, and samples were spewing everywhere (I've dealt with "noise" nights before - quite well - this was NOT it)! Story arc? HA! The show was a FUCKING disaster.

Most of the audience did turn their chairs around and watched my visuals - Bless them! I had no idea what the "band" did. I went deep into denial and made my own fucking story arc.

Turns out they wanted me to be "in" the :gag: , just like a musician. I thought this was cool until I realized they wanted me to produce the new DVD for "free", just like other band members played studio tracks "free", planning to recoop on the live world tour. Problem was the whole tour was going to be AUTOMATED! Just play the DVD...LOL!

All this imploded around the time you left your club gig.

So every time I see you post your Corporate Crap, it really makes me laugh.

Mark

5. sketchyj

sketchyj New Member

Haha! sounds like shades of Spinal Tap 2000: A freeform jazz exploration.....
    I cleared out my inbox so send me your address!

6. mongrove

mongrove dripping with light

thanku so much sketchy, downloaded the clips, beautiful heartless cg terrain and still an abundance of relevant meaning.
    I owe you, I dont know where you are from, but if youre in London any time and need a place to stay or just some help Ill see what I can do.
    is this youre old stuff? Id like to see a performance with your new material, if it is.

7. plastikkopf

plastikkopf New Member

Plastikkopf wants your material

How can I get the material man, please tell me... I?m very interested to obtain it...
    Those material has any cost?

thnx

plastikkopf

8. plastikkopf

plastikkopf New Member

9. sketchyj

sketchyj New Member

thanks mongrove....although I was wondering...which exactly part did you find relevant, and relevant to what?

10. sketchyj

sketchyj New Member

11. 6071842

6071842 I've given money to VJForums

wicked man! really good!!!

12. sketchyj

sketchyj New Member

13. Dacha!

Dacha! New Member

hey people can u help me?!i have downloaded this video but it doesn't show me any extension just it says file,not file.mov or .avi what should i do?

14. gpvillamil

gpvillamil New Member

Got the package, much thanx!

Videos are very much SketchyJ style - lots going on, can read plenty of meaning into everything, or not.

Great choice of tunes!

15. telekinetix

telekinetix Kill your television

got this when tried to download the 1.25gb rar file:

"File(s) cannot be accessed.

You cannot currently access these files. Contact the owner of these files for more information."

Any help?

16. sketchyj

sketchyj New Member

dacha burn the video_ts folder onto a dvd or open one of the files inside with your software dvd player

17. sketchyj

sketchyj New Member

[​IMG]
    orders from twistandshout.com are only 7.99 for the 4 disc set

18. matthecat

matthecat the cat sat on mat

thanks for sending the dvds jason they are farking quality :D

keep up the good work!

19. dvjprotohippy

dvjprotohippy New Member

can't send messages to you and link don't work, would like to see what you have and such......Thanks...

20. asterix

asterix IMAGINEER

Sketchy this is a quality release. Nice work - I really enjoyed them. You've certainly developed a great content style. Sometimes a little morbid but always interesting. Well done on some good work.

21. makemassair

makemassair makemassair.co.uk

alright sketchy. can't message ya neither. interested to check out your stuff as well.

how long are your download links gonna be up for? my pc has died and I am speaking to u from a ghey office.

22. danger

danger New Member

sketchy will you put the download up again ?
    would be great to have a torrent or something like that

msn: danger@hiperbock.org

23. makemassair

makemassair makemassair.co.uk

yea a torrent would be wicked.

24. AndresC4

AndresC4 Andres :)

Wow men, very nice to send all those dvds :)

I won?t ask for one, i?m very far away :p , i just though is someone could upload the video as a torrent, as danger said, is the best option. I?m not asking to sketchyj, he already made a lot. Someone who downloaded from the previous links could upload to a torent ? Or just Emule,,, say what server and file name and its done :)