1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FreeFrame poll

Discussion in 'Software' started by VJbigfug, Feb 15, 2012.

?

How do you use FreeFrame?

1. I've never heard of FreeFrame (so see [url]http://freeframe.org[/url])

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  2. I don't use FreeFrame plugins

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I only use FreeFrame 1.0 plugins (Pete's/vjfx/bigfug's)

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. I only use FreeFrame 1.5 plugins (they work in Resolume 3/4)

9 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. I use 1.0 and 1.5 (multiple apps or using fugWrapper/etc)

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. VJbigfug

VJbigfug Flying Fingers of Fury

Hey,

Am planning a refresh of my FreeFrame plugins - mainly revamping the streaming code but also looking to support 32/64-bit and updating FrameRunner to work with After Effects CS5.

However, before I start following some random thought that people might not even be interested in, I thought I might do a little poll to find out who's using what version of FreeFrame.

Would appreciate your feedback as it will steer what development I tackle first.

Many thanks,

Alex

2. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

64bit? Is there such a thing for FF?

Its worth noting the FFGL plugins also work in VDMX - and that FF1.5 isn't the same as FFGL (FFGL is a subset of 1.5 - it is possible to do non-gpu plugins in 1.5 as well as GL ones, though if any apps support them is another question!)

3. VJbigfug

Discussion is taking place on the FF dev list about creating/supporting 64bit plugins.

I'm looking at ways to support 32/64 in various configurations of plugins and hosts.

I take your point about FF15/FFGL... Suppose unless you can trust the hosts to support it then no one will use the extra calls in non-gpu plugins.

4. vjair

vjair Making Shapes

could framerunner be made to use FFGL or is that a no go / incompatible with AE / better to make plugins directly for AE?

5. VJbigfug

I was thinking of how FrameRunner could be used for FFGL too and reckon its possible.

If you want to make your plugins work for AE as well, I'd recommend writing AE ones directly (put your effect code in a shared lib, maybe) as you get more control over parameters and the rendering pipeline (meaning increased render speed).

6. bangnoise

bangnoise New Member

VDMX does! It supports anything from 1.0 up. Non-GL plugins are inherently slow though, avoid 'em if you can.