1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fri/Sat V8 performance

Discussion in 'Gig Reports' started by SteveG, May 18, 2008.

1. SteveG

SteveG Downstairs for Dancing

Well, the first week out of the way with 3 good gigs under the belt for the new V8. Fri's gig saw me secure a new residency with one of the Norths busiest and fastest growing Trance nights at the Plug in Sheffield. Nice screen mounted above the booth with a 4,000 lumen beamer and around a 900 capacity room...spot on;) Next month sees the intro of another larger side wall screen and a second similarly spec'd beamer. Oct sees a move to the large main room and a multi screen set up.
    Sat's gig brought the V8 into the foreground as for the majority of the main set by James Zabiela it was cameras that were used...after all that's what the crowd come to see and admire about him, his wizardry on the decks...and he is a wizard on the decks. I've met and known James for a few years but again he never ceases to amaze me how relaxed he is when performing his set.
    The V8 added a lot to my set with the cameras, although I still have to set the mixer up as I want it to it performed well. Using the same cam on both channels applying various and different effect was fun and produced some interesting and unique visuals. Combined with doing the same with the CG8 was great fun.
    Overall 9/10 for the V8...10/10 for a long tiring, succesful and fun weekend.

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  2. alexwilding

alexwilding New Member

Good to hear Steve! Keep up the good work mate. (Note to self-check forums more often ;-)

Alex