1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD versions of the video's I had in the 90s

Discussion in 'Creating Content' started by edgley, Apr 27, 2012.

1. edgley

edgley New Member

Back in college we had videos that ran for an hour or so, had some tunes running for the duration, with some "amazing" looking graphics :)

I have been trying to find the right set of words to find the modern equivalent on Amazon, but have failed.

Could someone help this poor luddite out please?

cheers!

2. alfaleader

alfaleader Member

You have to describe the video better. There are lots of long videos with awesome graphics :D

3. cat

cat Senior Moments

Good luck finding HD copies of things made in SD....
    I remember spending upto 12 hours on 100 frames of 320x240 wireframe previews of 3d animations, invariably after the preview took that long I would find a simpler way to achieve what I wanted!
    You might find vhs copies on ebay, or look on youtube.
    Stakker Eurotechno was my favourite rave video, everything else looked a bit shitty in comparison, 3lux etc were fairly bad 3d and I stopped even looking at them after a few of those, preferred making my own content!
    You can get koyaanisqatsi in HD though if thats more what you were thinking... Its been used to death in vjing though, maybe its old enough to be in again then who knows!

4. edgley

edgley New Member

eek; made myself as clear as mud again!

One example would be The Orb's head trip thing (was another cyberdelia?)
    But I had some that was just computer generated graphics.

I am not looking to get the old ones again, but get hold of todays modern versions. I have seen some short clips in the threads here that are on youtube, but I am looking for something to add to my media server library.

More interested in the CGI stuff, and have tried various terms at Amazon, but must be being blonde today.

5. PCProject

PCProject Moderator

6. edgley

edgley New Member

Yep, those thoughts of things, but shiny (HD)

I suppose its just the modern version of the future crew rolling demo of around that time.
    There was another one which had a track about pulling the plug from the bottom of the sea...

7. mowgli

mowgli collapsing wave functions

FSOL lifeforms is one that springs to mind

8. dEp

dEp Member

3lux is my favorite, precisely because there is little to no 3d (which was admittedly mostly shitty in videos of the era). maybe you're thinking of the successor, xmix, which ruined the thing with its 3d renders imo :)

anyway, yeah the originals can be hunted down on discogs or ebay... forget about hd though, because you're looking at stuff released on vhs.
    the genre is still somewhat alive, and new stuff is made in higher resolutions, such as this dvd: http://www.discogs.com/Various-Phantasmagoria-Vj-Mix-Magic/release/1269943

9. edgley

edgley New Member

They are the sort of thing, expect I am after ones that have been made this decade.

Sure, I would love to get some names of some old ones too for nostalgia, but also want some screaming high bit rate ones too.

cheers

10. edgley

edgley New Member

google:
    blu ray computer graphics set to music

result:
    something vaguely like what I am after:
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Animusic-Computer-Animation-Video-Album/dp/B000CBWPXC"]Amazon.com: Animusic 2 - A New Computer Animation Video Album: Wayne Lytle: Movies & TV[/ame]

Non shiny:
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-Gate-Minds-Thomas-Dolby/dp/6304718683/ref=pd_sim_mov_1"]Amazon.com: The Gate to the Mind's Eye: Thomas Dolby, Michael Boydstun: Movies & TV[/ame]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012