1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hearts,love...etc clips

Discussion in 'Finding Content' started by Dacha!, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Dacha!

Dacha! New Member

here is the deal,one of my friends want to propose a girl on 1 of the parties where I am workin,so I need some clips with hearts & that kind of stuff to make it romantic :):)

any help would be nice!:love2::love3:
  2. sexdrossel

sexdrossel noob

hey,

you need hearts? do your own thats quite simple in flash isnt it?

greetz from germany
  3. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

Love conquers all.
    [​IMG]
    NeonHearts
    It's my most-downloaded free clip! Maybe I should put up some more hearts...?

When she kisses him use this one:
    [​IMG]
  4. Dacha!

Dacha! New Member

tnx Holly,I saw those clips some time ago , but I forgot about them.If u have some more like this plz upload them :)
  5. johnnylocust

johnnylocust R3dN3cK \/_/

Pretty please with [​IMG] and [​IMG] on top?

:love:
  6. Rovastar

Rovastar /..\

Presuming it is a yes. ;):devilwink
  7. famouswhendead

famouswhendead VFX Generalist

8. Dacha!

Dacha! New Member

tnx to all.I have found what I need :)

Here is some of my little flash clip of a beating heart.:)

heart
  9. vj_jasper

vj_jasper imagination

good work with getting happening with the flash app, Dacha!
    holly those two clips are just so good, thanks! for my rhythm style, will probably time-change the neon hearts clips to about 40 perecent speed, to achieve 16th-note syncronisation.
  10. SiliconPumpgun

SiliconPumpgun palying with myspace

11. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

Can you explain this a little more Jasper? I don't do triggering, but I'd make compatable clips if I understood the time-beat sync theory...?
  12. vj_jasper

vj_jasper imagination

hi Holly,
    actually i played your loops to some electro/breaks and they look fabulous! have done a couple of time changes anyway just for fun.

time-beat sync theory, nice phrase! here are a couple of ideas on that one...

okay so 4/4 timing has four beats, each beat divides in 2, so we get '8ths' and also, each beat can divide into 4, so we get '16ths'.

the high hat pattern might be playing something similar to 8 taps in a bar, or a more intricate pattern might be something like 16 taps in a bar.

how do these relate to frames?

120 bpm is 120 beats in one minute; two beats per second.... so in video, lets look at the 30 fps as an example. 30 frames per second... 2 beats per second... therefore, one beat every fifteen frames

if dance music was a bit slower than 120 bpm, then we could have a neat sort of thing happening, like, one beat every 16 frames. that would be cool. however, electronic dance music seems to be around 125 - 135 bpm.

an average for example, to begin with, could be 132 bpm ...
    132 divided by 4 gives the "132 bpm bars per minute".. 33 bars per minute.
    33 times 16 = 528 16th notes per minute.

60 seconds times 30fps = 1800 frames per minute

1800 frames divided by 528 sixteenths = 3.4 frames per sixteenth note

so an average could be (for 132 bpm)

16th note (fast hight hat rhythm) 3.4 frames
    8th (steady high hat rythm) 6.8 frames
    quarter note (one main beat) 13.6 frames
    half a bar (two beats) 27.2 frames
    one bar: 54.4 frames

and two bar loops can be fun, so lets look at that: 108.8 frames

108.8 frames at 30 frames per second is 3 seconds and 18.8 frames ... so with this idea, i can see why a friend once said to me (keep your visual loops in multiples of about 3 seconds). just a rule of thumb, but does seem to make sense.

perhaps i could upload and provide a link, to show some slight changes i made to your loops? thanks again for these sexy and groovy clips :)

cheers

Jasper
  13. vj_jasper

vj_jasper imagination

hold on, i am not too sure if those calculations were right. hmmm. i just assign clip speed to a rotary controller on my midi keyboard and time adjust that way. maybe it would be better if i just posted the clip experiments as examples and didn't write so much, haha. :/
  14. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

forget the maths - to make visual loops that can be synced to (the majority of dance) music by way of speed change it is important to make events in the clips evenly spaced and preferably in multiples of 4.

I label clips by the number of visual beats they contain (eg by putting "8bt" in the filename) this makes it easy to sync the clips to the music in VJamm.

The most obvious sync can be achieved with 4 beat loops that repeat every bar - this reinforces the beat of the music and makes a strong link with the visuals.

it can also be fun to have loops that are say 6 beats long so they sync with the beats of the music but roll round the bars.

here is an obvious example - this clip is 16beats long (its actually 4x 4beats = 16 - it will loop every 4 bars)
    [mov=width="384" height="304" loop="true"]http://sleepytom.co.uk/pixnmix/1-4tvmash16bt.sleepytom.Pjpeg80.mov[/mov]
  15. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

Ahh. So there's no theory at all.

Jasper, I have known how to count to 4 for a very long time now. ;)
    :harhar
  16. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

well there is theory in so far as clips must be comprised of whole frames (there is not such thing as half a frame of video) and the number of frames of the clip should be divisible by 4. (or more specifically should be divisible by the number of beats contained within the clip)

for people with a background in animation it all makes a reasonable amount of sense - but things get a bit more tricky when you get into filming and warping live action to fit within this paradigm.

it is not true to say there is no theory!! just because you understand it already doesn't mean that it is not theory. All theory sounds obvious to those familiar with it (err except quantum theory which is weird even if you are an expert!).

Actually my best advice to new vjs is learn some music theory - this will help you more than any other single theoretical skill.

(i would of been quite shocked if this stuff was news to you holly - as a world renowned VJ with a background in dance i'd expect this to be obvious to you!)
  17. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

(hangs head in shame).
    Well said Tom. I am out of perspective.
  18. vj_jasper

vj_jasper imagination

19. vj_jasper

vj_jasper imagination

20. vj_jasper

vj_jasper imagination

hope to not have presumed to be some sort of theoretician, especially in the presence of extremely talented and way-cool vj's like holly (btw greatly enjoyed the article on the use of two V4 mixers and an entrancer). :)

the original neon_hearts and kissy clips are just perfect and awesome.
    out of interest, i have done some remixes, and they are here...
    http://jasper.fastdog.com.au/files/1_neon_preps
  21. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

Ha ha. I'm the spaz who thought it was a really elaborate algebraic formula!

Actually I blame the Kaptivator manual that makes some fuss in Engrish about clips designed to fit a beat and clips of a certain length of time. The manual is sooo confusing and I'm not really familiar with triggering (I can push buttons to the beat, no problem). Also most of the "formulas" are based on 120bpm. That makes the math easy, but is music usually that slow? Am I over complicating it again?

Sigh. This is why we as VJs should always push for Drum&bass. The more percussion per second the more it seams like the blinks are intentional....

Thanks for remixes!
  22. vj_jasper

vj_jasper imagination

i hope there might be an elaborate algebraic formula sailing through the stratosphere... when it is found, will it make a difference?

heh, concerning DrumnBass... only ever 0.7 frames away from being in-sync... i went so far as to do a BA in contemporary music at university and my guitar teacher said that when doing a jazz solo, if a not-great note is sounded, at least it is only one semitone away from being the right note.

so... the Engrish manual and the 120 bpm formulas... hmm .. an idea..

120 bpm = 2 beats per second = 2 bars every 4 seconds.
    132 bpm = 10 percent faster. therefore 2 bars = 3.6 seconds.

back to the fractional frames issue...
    looking at it from a time perspective...
    example: a loop that is about three seconds long, eg. 111 frames in length.
    If i put a PNG right at the halfway point./: Ohhhh..... now we are looking at a fractional frame.
    111 divided by 2 is 55.5 frames.
    Or what about if the aim is to figure out the four main beat points:
    divide 111 by 4 and the result is a quarter note every 27.75 frames.

unauthorised frame fraction! Illicit decimal point attribution!
    and so the process begins of adding a frame and removing a frame.

Fractional frames don't exist, but they do in theory, and in practice, i think it is worth thinking about, for some reason that i can't remember right now.
  23. vj_jasper

vj_jasper imagination

24. vjair

vjair Making Shapes

i have a bpm/fps calculator i made for excell somewhere, i shall find it and upload it.
  25. hamageddon

hamageddon Motion Mapping Looper

amen to that, brotha, amen, :sigh:
    besides missing breakdowns and being faster than every note played
    the lack of feel for song (pattern) structure (usually multiplies of two in dance music) is tops on my list for ruining a vj performance - besides angry fruit salad
    but thats a visual thing.... ;)
  26. scharke

scharke New Member

When I edit in Final Cut Pro I count out by the measure not the beat. In 4/4 time (all dance music, with the exception of Latin) it's every 4 or 8 beats. It's like a slow handclap. This is the macro grid. I can always tighten up and cut to the beats but I need to pull back to the macro grid or it gets tiresome. Same with live mixing.

Speaking of the original topic: LOVE. I have a brand new wedding that I just shot that is full of love. This was shot with the Sony FX-1 with a wide angle lens attachment.

Tons more on my website. I would love it if somebody remixed my weddings!

http://www.playaweddings.com/DalieneJeff/