1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet live link question

Discussion in 'Just Starting' started by mjz55, Jan 24, 2005.

1. mjz55

mjz55 New Member

I would like to do my video show live over the internet. I have a cable internet connection and a camera that I would like to make it live with. I don't need sound. Is this possible?

Thanks
  2. evomedia

evomedia Control Freaks

Anything is possible,

why a cam to broadcast? are you just thinking you can point the webcam at a screen?

If you want live broadcast visuals, then you'll need to start looking at web streaming cards. You need to encode the video output down into a usable bandwidth, if its a live situation then you'll need a card that will encode on the fly.

Some of the video capture cards can be used to stream video, or you can go up the chain to purpose streaming solutions. Remember people need a web address to view the stream, so unless you host yourself that will be your ISP, alot of ISP's get very funny about large bandwidth usage through there pipes, so discuss it with them first.

But why are you doing this live? Can you not record your output, sort out compression and host the clip off the ISP and save yourself lots of headache.
  3. mjz55

mjz55 New Member

What I wanted to do was put a live web cam over a dance floor in a club. Depending on how large a viewing area of the cam, it could include the video show. Must look into it more. Thanks for your input.
  4. paradoxewan

paradoxewan New Member