1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live video compression?

Discussion in 'Software' started by alcolchete, Apr 28, 2012.

1. alcolchete

alcolchete New Member

Guys, I always wanted to know if there's some plugin or whatever that could compress video live. Like some module on Modul8, or maybe some macro in Isadora (which is the one I use today), or any other software.

The idea is to have the same effect we get on audio compression, squeezing the frequencies lowering the "quality" of the data. I would like to do that with live video, corrupting, glitching the videos with just a knob in some midi controller, acting almost like an analogic device.

any ideas?

2. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

3. alcolchete

alcolchete New Member

actually, I don't have any idea on how to use quartz composer, never figured that out..

but there on the website I came across the "realtime" tag.. I was using "live" instead, and now I got some more relevant results on google.. found this www.uglitch.com, which is not THAT live, but at least I can create some content, loading videos, glitching it fullscreen and recording it with screenflow

I'll take a look at some qc tutorial once Isadora supports it and that datamosh process is kinda different and attracts me a lot.. if you know some, please share it!

tkss

4. bangnoise

bangnoise New Member

Crash reports always welcome Tom.

5. bangnoise

bangnoise New Member

The QC datamosh plugin comes with effects files for VDMX and CoGe so if you use either of those apps you can use it without ever having to touch Quartz Composer. QC is fun though, you should play with it.