1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live video input into Motion Dive

Discussion in 'Software' started by deepvisual, Jan 31, 2007.

1. deepvisual

deepvisual visually challenged

if you have a live video input on MDT please tell me how...

in detail.

to do the effect you want live,this might help

shoot it in a dark place and I think you are almost there.... your camera will only see a silhouette ona green/blue background that you can then key to whatever you like....
  2. THC

THC New Member

live input..
    you have to open with flash player, do the setting so it can see the dv cam
    then load to MDT and use as a clip.:p
  3. deepvisual

how bizarre, every time before, I've tried this and it wouldnt work.
    now it only took 2 gos and it bloody well works.

i figured it out
    1. download the swf-file
    2. open your webbrowser and load the swf-file
    3. a window will open and there you click on "accept"
    4. click with right mousebutton on the mainwindow in your webbrowser
    5. there you can save your settings and choose the input channel
    dv or microfone and and and
    6. save the settings and exit
    7. start motion dive and import the swf - file as you do it with a normal picture
    8. thats it! now you can drag and drop the file and you made it!!

cheers from

vjwala
  4. Liquidmetro

Liquidmetro Positively Phototropic

Hmm...

Likewise, I have tried this loads of times and cant get it to work.

On my Powerbook I take the following steps:

1) Download zipped file
    2) Uncompress file
    3) Connect DV Cam via firewire
    3) In Safari -> File-> Open File (open MDT_LiveCam)
    4) I can now see the video in the Safari browser window, apple click to see flash player settings and all is set up as advised...almost there or so I think...

4b) Save File?? Have tried importing the saved file or the original
    4c) Close Safari? I have tried leaving it open and closing it

5) Launch MDT.
    6) Import -> File -> 'Copy' (have tried 'Move' too)
    7) Drag and drop blank thumbnail to clip bank.
    8) Close Import window.
    9) drag blank thumbnail (it has a small grey * in the bottom left corner) to channel A.

N O T H I N G! :banghead:

Any help would be much appreciated as I have tried relentlessly with this in the past! :help:
  5. deepvisual

the only thin g I remember doing differently this time
    was after setting the camera in safari, to leave the camera setting by clicking on the little computer icon on the left and telling it to remember.

then I went, file import from the menu in MDT.

if you find out exactly how, post. I'll try again tomorrow on another machine.
  6. THC

THC New Member

i dit it via flash player
  7. Liquidmetro

Cheers for the speedy replies guys,

THC - I have also tried the flash player route before with no success. I think we were messing with the flash player route before - you succeded where I failed on that one mate!

Same issue now as then, could get DV Cam input in the flash player, but not in MDT

G - I have clicked the little checkbox to remember camera settings then closed the pop up settings window? Did you close the popup?

I can't help but feel as if it is something to with the way that I am saving or importing the file. As I can see the camera input onscreen in either flash player or safari it has to be this surely!

Do you see a blank/black thumbnail with small star/asterix/* in the left corner when it is imported into MDT?

Do you copy the file or move it?

Do you save the file (File->save as...etc) from flash player or the browser and then import the newly saved file?

Sorry to pester!

I would love to put this to bed once and for all and compile a more detailed step by step and troubleshooting guide for others to avoid this frustration!

:up:
  8. deepvisual

CG - I have clicked the little checkbox to remember camera settings then closed the pop up settings window? Did you close the popup?

no just closed the browser

Do you see a blank/black thumbnail with small star/asterix/* in the left corner when it is imported into MDT?

yes

Do you copy the file or move it?

just imported from the file menu
    the first time I tried importing from the + button and it didn't work

Do you save the file (File->save as...etc) from flash player or the browser and then import the newly saved file?

no, just closed it.
  9. Liquidmetro

Thanks mate, will try again. i will get there soon :p

In the MDT import menu, there is always a pop-up prompt that asks you whether you want to copy or move the file into MDT from it's current location. Via this prompt, do you move the original or copy?

Cheers bud :up:
  10. THC

THC New Member

11. Liquidmetro

Cheers THC

I can see the camera input in Safari and also in Flash. Checked the cam settings in the browser.

The hurdle I can't get over is MDT doesn't seem to recognise it.

The thumbnail that is in MDT is blank with tiny * bottom left, when I drag and drop onto channel A or B I cannot see the video...

So close yet so far. Must be something simple!

Thanks anyway mate, if you think of anything else let me know! :D
  12. PilotX

PilotX Tom syzygy, not Dan ;)

13. THC

THC New Member

Make sure also that your Composite or S-video output is UNPLUGGED!!!!
    Last nite i trashed the plugin from the system and reinstalled it and it worked perfectly,
    :sigh: Really dunno what else to tell you, maybe try Pm Sakamoto or EchoZa they were the ones helping me on that matter a while back.
    Good luck.
  14. Liquidmetro

Thanks again matey, appreciate you trashing file and reinstalling. Props to you mate.

Hmm....shame they just dont make it an actual plug-in along with the Midi plug-in sold with the MDP1 package.

Even if there was a small fee for this I would consider paying for it.

G sent me the Midi file, but it was the driver only and the plug-in itself did not 'appear' in motiondive. I suspect this is part of the new version bundled with the MDP1.

The only reason I moved away from MDT was due to the lack of a Live cam input, Midi and Direct to disk record. However I do still use from time to time.

Aaanyway thanks again mate. I appreciate the help.
  15. vjculture

vjculture New Member

qtrz composer live camera input

Yeah, I've had better luck with the QC live camera input. You can run other QC comps in it as well. However, it starts to slow down if you use more than one at a time.