1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lookiing for: Gypsy - Blakan Music clips!

Discussion in 'Finding Content' started by RayV, Nov 28, 2006.

1. RayV

RayV =] ++ [=

Hi everyone

I'm looking for footage I can't shoot myself -
    Anything to do with Gypsies
    Gypsies bands / Gypsies wedding & funerals / Balkan music horns, & trumpets / moustache man / dancing people of the Balkan's / Balkan villages shots...

I'm willing to swap footage [with my original material] -
    or to buy if it's really good stuff.

Got an upcoming gig for Goran Bregović band, & his Balkan band for "weddings & funerals" [loads of horns, trumpets & the likes].

For those who didn't see the amazing films of Emir Kusturica ? [Yoguslavia]
    I can only recommend watching them with all my heart.
    Goran Bregović wrote the BRILIANT music to all of Kusturica's film or for most of them:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emir_Kusturica
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goran_Bregovi%C4%87

Please pm me
    Thanks a lot
    Ray-V
  2. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

I'd suggest sampling Kusturica's films but i guess you don't want to do that if you allready know of him and are still posting this question...
  3. SteveG

SteveG Downstairs for Dancing

RayV we have a couple of VJ's visit the forum now and again from the area...perhaps a search can find them. I'm sure they'll have footage from around their homeland;)......failing that I have a moustache :lol2:
  4. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

well...

strangly enough the Balkans are not full of gypsies - they even have electricity in bosnia these days... Ok so you see people with horse and carts still but they are in the minority and mostly they are not gypsies just poor farmer types.

It's an incredably daily mail view of the world to think that the Balkans are full of dancing gypsie folk.
  5. RayV

RayV =] ++ [=

I have been to Serbia & Bosnia as well, Tom.
    There were such a marching bands kinda all the time where i was.
    I have seen not very happy faces too.
    but as i was on the country side, i met also quite cool & happy "poor farmer types"

Gypsies scattered all over europe & have an amazing music festivals one in the south of France each November.

Have you ever seen Blakan wedding or funeral?

here's a vid from Festival in Guca [serbia]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-AhluOJilQ

"poor farmer types" are everywhere, Tom.
    You dont really need to take a plane to Bosnia.
  6. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

but that is very different to gypsies - there are loads of bands and orchestras in the balkans (err just like everywhere else) but they are not all gypsies...
  7. RayV

RayV =] ++ [=

OK. than its again. a matter of correct English. [Babylon once again]
    So thanks Tom & therefore I will rephrase = [would edit if i could]

---Looking for Balkan band's footage as well as gypsies band footage---
    will pay or swap fot quality unique footage
  8. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

try searching for Trubaci on youtube / google - you can always email people on youtube and ask for permisson / better quality clips..
  9. famouswhendead

famouswhendead VFX Generalist

Baile Gitano

Roma people etc. as well.
  10. MrJustin

MrJustin I've given money to VJForums

There's a huge gypsy festival in Saintes Maries de la mer in France at the very bottom of the camargue region. About 40,000 Romany gypsies take this statue of Mary into the sea. you might find some footage of that somewhere. (the french word for gypsy is gitan - might help your googling.)

I had my super8 with me when i was there and saw it, but im not sure if i shot any of it... i'll have a look for ya though.
  11. RayV

RayV =] ++ [=

thanks so much for that info, Mr Justin, SleepyTom, Gary De famous
    & sjg707 [- his moustache for now]

i am trying to contact ppl from the boards
    from the area of Yoguslavia, Bosnia, Croatia, Serbia, etc...

[ofTopic] Super 8 is amazing!
    how do u transfer it to video Mr. Justin?
  12. technodrombg

technodrombg PureRGB

rayv do add me on msn or smth,
    i'm from serbia, might help .....

and a little nfo
    gipssys live all across europe maybe americas
    some of them claim to have roots in punjabi india, others dont bother ;)
    some 30000-40000 of them live in serbia,
    nobody knows their real population since they usually refuse registrations because of social wellfare
    their strange way of life was screened in most of kusturica's movies,
    but i saw some french movies too

trubaci [brass band music] in serbia are generally gipsys, and almost no1 has any music studies, don't use sheets or anything which makes stuff they play rather extraordinary. there is a dvd released about them, and these days a few more films are to be released, so i'm sure that if you can't buy it in your country, there's alwayz good old ed2k :)
    guca is a small town in central serbia [around 2000-3000 ppl] they have a festival which lasts nowdays up to a week when some 500 000 ppl are geathered from all over the globe to hear brass band contest

check out
  13. vanakaru

vanakaru I've given money to VJForums

<Goran Bregović wrote the BRILIANT music to all of Kusturica's film or for most of them>
    I would like to correct something that band Fanfare Ciocarlia members felt very strongly about. Namely Bregovic did not write all the music in the films even so it appears. Many songs are original to various bands that appear in Kusturica's films. So some music is not credited to the right authors.
    This may not be the best place to discuss this, but I just want to stop the spread of uncomplete information.
  14. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

15. deepvisual

deepvisual visually challenged

my first thought was hammer house of horror.

werewolves and vampires - and gypsies....
  16. RayV

RayV =] ++ [=

... i did film them :]
    [not in Guca]
    That how I know about it.

OK Vanakaru, good to know.
  17. Dacha!

Dacha! New Member

did you found what you needed??if no add me to your msn,maybe I can help you,I am from Serbia!
  18. SteveG

SteveG Downstairs for Dancing

What you filmed Vampires and Werewolves....or just Gypsies :biggrin: