1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a music video (I'm no asshole)

Discussion in 'Collaborative Work' started by Side B, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Side B

Side B Sideburn Bassfarmer

Hey,

I'm sure you get alot of stupid pricks in here every now and then who try to get you to make a mistake and put your time into making them a music video for free.

Some of them might say I GIVE $10,000 OR MAYBE $1,000 !!!

I won't fool you...
    I'm not a rich guy...

But I am a good guy :)

I'm looking for someone to help me make a music video (or 10).
    http://www.ubetoo.com/player.aspx?playlistid=1277&playlisty=7
    I make Electronic Dance Music, something between genres, close to Psy Trance (actually we're a group of 2 guys)

So this is what I was hoping:

1. One person here likes our music and wants to make a video
    2. This person makes a good video, we publish it on Ubetoo and split the earnings 67/33 (we are 2 guys in the band)
    3. More videos are made for the rest of the album (10 tracks) published, earnings split 67/33
    4. We get booked somewhere relevant and ofcourse want our VJ-buddy with us, earnings split 67/33
    5. We make another album and hopefully this time it pays

[​IMG]

2. PCProject

PCProject Moderator

You do realise that Psy Trance doesnt sell well these days?
    In fact it has never sold well UNLESS you happen to be Simon Posford or a member of Infected Mushroom (even they dont play Psy these days)
    Just thought it was important to add this caveat because 33% of nothing is still nothing!

If any forum members are interested in this offer I would strongly advise those members to check out these guys threads on both Isratrance and Psymusic as those communties have been approached to do remixes and some awkward questions are being asked!

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  3. Ne1co

Ne1co AV performance content

the usual practice for music videos is that the VJ's rights are waived in exchange of a higher wages, risks of zero royalty returns are normally the musician's sole responsibility

4. PCProject

PCProject Moderator

This was exactly the case when I did the VJ mix for a major 'Psy' label release.

However I am currently on a similar deal to the one being offered by the OP. There is though a substantial difference in that the label manager and artist involved is a personal friend and this is a joint project with me getting full credit on the release and equal shares on any profit from any sales. For that I gave up the guarantee that a fixed rate gives against the greater gain some worldwide exposure may or may not bring.

5. Kyle

Kyle "Hello my VJ friend"

6. Side B

Side B Sideburn Bassfarmer

Yes, 33% in Psy Trance is not projected to be much more than very little.

But not everyone's single motive in life is money...
    So that's why I'm looking for someone on interest rather than direct or indirect returns...

About the remix contest...
    Why would I make a €1750 cost contest, practically giving away all our raw materials for remixing if I had some terrifying alterior motive?

And why just look at isratrance and psymusic?
    Go ahead and check out the post on all forums instead, to satisfy your full range of conspiracy and shitthrowing needs. (guessing direct links to other forums is not allowed):

abletonlivedj
    audiofanzine
    synthvox
    idmforums
    foem
    studio
    ableton
    harderfaster
    psymusic
    traxsource
    inthemix
    homerecording
    di
    djtechtools
    djhistory
    isratrance
    ubetoo

Thanks for the link Kyle...
    I think it should be 1/3 each ;)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2011
  7. PCProject

PCProject Moderator

Never suggested there was a conspiracy. I leave that sort of stuff to people who dont know better.
    It was a post to advise people thinking it was a good offer to bear in mind that it might not be as good as it would appear due to 33% of nothing (if the tune doesnt sell) still being nothing. I also mentioned that I had stumbled across posts on a couple of other forums that I thought it was relevant for people to check.
    Have you any idea of how much it costs in terms of time and effort to make a music video in the real world?
    I have been working closely with a label for 18 months on a 9 track (80 minutes playing time) release.
    Being defensive to having an experienced VJ post wise comments for the not so experienced to use to make a balanced judgement upon doesnt reflect well.