1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for free, bog-basic, fullscreen, text app

Discussion in 'Software' started by LEVLHED, Apr 10, 2005.

1. LEVLHED

LEVLHED gear whoreder

I just had a search through the archives and don't find what I need. I vaguely recal brainstove posting a crazy number of links...
    anyway.
    looking for a very basic (animated optional) text utility that you can just pop in/out of full screen to change the text.
    effects/spinning/3d is optional at this point. free/easy is the goal for now.
    thanks
  2. Lara

Lara alllgood

Hmm yes I'd be interested in that too. Be good if there was an app that you could type long strings of text into live which would show on screen like a live textedit or notepad or something.
  3. LEVLHED

LEVLHED gear whoreder

I'm sure what I need exists somewhere, or is super easy in flash or something. I don't know shit bout flash though.
    ideally this would be an easy app to use (its not for me so much)...a person really needs to just open up the app, type what they want in a field, then hit the "fullscreen" button to have it displayed/scrolled...then maybe just hit ESC to pop it back out of fullscreen to change the text or whatever....
    any colors/effects/etc are almost not needed because its sure to add to the complexity of the operation. it needs to be virtually idiot-proof.
  4. devonmiles

devonmiles Midi: the language of God

easy and free (trial version) is xara screenmaker 3d but it is limited to 4 lines of maximum 35 charakters. it has templates for animated 3d text that you choose and type in the desired text. then you hit preview and the animation is rendered fullscreen. save is disabled in the trial version. pretty basic but for something like dj names or "levs birthday! free drinks for all" it should suffice...
  5. LEVLHED

LEVLHED gear whoreder

yep, thats pretty much the ticket right there!
    awesome. better than needed even.
    thank you
  6. pavlov

pavlov New Member

You could use my software Edo (http://www.anioni.com/edo) for this.
    In fact I originally added the Text node for exactly this purpose - showing live text on a big screen...

It's Mac only, though.
  7. LEVLHED

LEVLHED gear whoreder

ah, yeah I should have specified I need PC too.
    thanks though (maybe Lara can dig it. I know she's one of them macfreaks)