1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for terraforming clips.....

Discussion in 'Finding Content' started by dvjprotohippy, Dec 13, 2006.

1. dvjprotohippy

dvjprotohippy New Member

We are looking for images/video of terraforming, either CGI, or conceptual, as well as space exploration. We are trying to build a theme of leaving this planet and exploring beyond. Thanks!!
  2. Brinkman

Brinkman New Member

I can't remember which Star Trek movie it is (2 or 3?) but in the movie there are some really cool scenes of a planet rapidly transforming from a desolate moon into a full blown planet supporting life.

The plot of the movie centers around the Genesis project which is some new technology the space federation is using to create new planets for colonization.

You won't be disappointed in the footage since it is EXACTLY what I think you are looking for.
  3. AlleycatLA

AlleycatLA New Member

The Star Trek movie is The Wrath of Kahn. Also check out Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy.
  4. vj_jasper

vj_jasper imagination

artmatic on the os x platform has some options for fractal/literal animation generation that may help
  5. Brinkman

Brinkman New Member

You know I thought it was Wrath of Khan (2nd movie) but wasn't sure. However, I will say this: Part 3 picks up exactly where 2 leaves off and might still have some decent footage since the plot still seems to center around the Genesis project.
  6. PilotX

PilotX Tom syzygy, not Dan ;)

there's an episode of Red Dwarf Series 5 called "Terrorform" in which a Psi-Moon is reshaped to fit Rimmers mind - you're in the US so you may not have seen anything other than the afwul US version.. in series 6 there is also one called "Rimmerworld" (please note that series 1-4 of Red Dwarf are candidates for the funniest UK sitcoms, by series 5 it was tailing off and 6 is pretty awful throughout, but may contain some footage you want).
    if you are doing a/v then in series one or two in the prologue Holly says "last week we found a moon that was exactly the shape of felicity kendalls bum... we flew around that a few times" (but the felicity kendall reference might not catch a US audience)

surely there must be loads of sci-fi films that will fit your theme .. but off the top of my head I can't think of any that deal with terraforming..
    there is a scene in Red Planet (I think it's red planet anyway) with a moss/lichen type thing being found on mars that could be good.
    and Total Recall is half set on a base on mars - watch it if you've not, I don't want to spoil things if someone hasn't seen it (excellent film)
  7. Motionreactor

Motionreactor www.motionreactor.net

There is a great terraform kind of animation on the bryce website I think. Also, what about the new hitchikers guide to the galaxy. There was a planet terraforming scene in it.
  8. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

The movie DUNE has some nice machine moments that could work:
    [​IMG]

There is an amazing sequence in one of the THUNDERBIRDS (the puppet series) where a machine was ripping up trees and laying down a ribbon of asphault -- might not be the message you are going for.

Scenes from SILENT RUNNING might make a good transition, transporting plants from Earth to the new planet.
  9. PCProject

PCProject Moderator

super fast geological change in the remake of the time machine
  10. dvjprotohippy

dvjprotohippy New Member

It's the Search for Spock for the star trek movie, thanks for the suggestions....!!!
  11. Dacha!

Dacha! New Member

also movie "mission to mars"