1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MBP 17' + Matrox MXO2 LE (M8 , Resolume)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hubert006, Apr 27, 2012.

1. hubert006

hubert006 New Member

Hello,

I bought MBP 17', and now i looking for good capture card. Do you think that, MXO2 LE MAX is good choise? I need this to capture video from profesional cams, sometimes anather MBP. Some time i woudl like capture signal from video mixer like Edirol, and that is posible with MBP and MXO2? What quality i can get, frames/s, resolution, delay?
    Anyone use this card? Maybe i should buy different hardware?

PS: I using M8, and Resolume 4.

2. stickygreen

stickygreen this is my custom title

I don't use M8 but i do have an older 15" MBP with a Matrox MXO2 mini, and this combo works well, I can capture in Resolume Arena with only a few frames delay, it's really not noticeable.

I have had issues trying to capture another computer, getting the resolution and FPS to match on your output and your MXO2 is a pain in the ass. I have just taken to running a computer thru a Kramer scaler, and then capturing it, that way I know the input specs, it's always the same..

anyway yes its a good combo, you may not even need the LE, the mini may do, as far as I know the only difference is the XLR audio inputs...

3. hubert006

hubert006 New Member

What exactly scaler you use? And does you ever plugged in video mixer? Is MXO2 stable, run all the time without any errors, downs.

4. psyOptik

psyOptik New Member

I have a MXO2 Mini w. Expresscard, and it works great. Had it plugged into my Mac Pro for a while, no problems there except some weird audio distortion when loading more than 2 youtube/vimeo/flash pages simultaneously. But fast, crisp video.

I've swapped to a different system, so i'm selling the mxo2 mini, w. both express card and PCI adapter. Cheap :)

5. stickygreen

stickygreen this is my custom title

I use a Kramer VP740, it's not made anymore, but i'm sure there is some new replacement.

As for the MXO2 being reliable once set up, yes it is very reliable.