1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meimi effects?

Discussion in 'Developers Area' started by syzygy, Jul 14, 2004.

1. syzygy

syzygy non-verbal communication

What effects does Meimi have?

I haven't had a chance to use it and I'm always looking for more inspiration for effects...

Dan.

2. BrainStove

BrainStove The Brainy Stove

Go baby Go!!

Ahhhhh Syz, I?m pretty shocked you didn?t mess with Meimi so far mate, it would be indeed the true ADO (Ampex Digital Optics) of the VJ world just if it could get that damn Live Video Feed feature available, that way going way beyond of apply those MadFx to prerendered videoclips only.

The best I can do whilst you improve you Japanese language to get you in Love with Meimi would be provide you with this badly english translated manual I did 2 years ago.

BTW, most of Meimi FX are 2 and a half & 3D resemblances curiously pretty similar to your last strip freeFrames pluginz hehehe.

Edited to add:

In my hurry posting my crappy Meimi english manual (To convince Dan to my cause ;) ), indeed I?ve picked up the crappiest version (the BabelFished original), so my bad not checking it out before.

Therefore download & enjoy this less smelly one instead. :love:

3. elbows

elbows PixelRomper

I was curious and managed to get the app and see all the effects in less than 5 minutes.

Download here:

http://www.seera.jp/Meimi/Meimi146.zip

Unzip
    Run exe
    Press F1 and load a video file
    play file
    press F5 for effects list
    Press F6 for FX control sliders.

Theres some interesting ones in there, looks like its using DirectX/3D stuff for some of the effects.

4. LEVLHED

LEVLHED gear whoreder

[M]/ [N] keys and [,]/[.] keys cycle through your clips and the FX...(I forget which does which)
    I haven't used Miemi in ages myself...I remember having to take some of the effects "out" cuz they'd crash your shit. also certain clips would crash it too...no apparent rhyme or reason.

5. MoRpH

MoRpH Moderator

Yeah it always was a pretty flakey app. Glad to see your interested in using them as inspiration for my freeframe stuff Dan, will be great to be able to use them in (via freechain) in TZT.

BTW mate, you should start a specific thread for discussion for each of your plugin packs in the developer or software forums (like esotic)... would be a great idea to get feedback and also get any bug reports :) (I know I have hit a few snags with some in freechain)

6. BrainStove

BrainStove The Brainy Stove

RunAway Voodoo!!!

Hehehe, nor pretty flakey nor crashing your shit, it prolly should be you both are/were running the kamikaze version of Meimi.
    Just download again the v.1.46 and make sure you got the MEIMIDLL v.1.7.3 pack inside.

And the best config to get you Stoned speaking Japanese with Meimi marijuanaless actualy is Win98SE with DX8.1... So get rid of your XPee/DX9 bundle for a while. :p

P.S. BTW, DL my crappy english manual too if you wanna spice that Japanese Joint in a snap. :kiss:

7. murk

murk Bringer of Blight

Meimi is a cool little program. It plays MPEG2 good and you can apply FX to clips too. It lets you set in out loop points. There are quite a few FX too and they are pretty decent. Just wish it was english, cause I feel like I might be missing something, but BS's translation has the keyboards shortcuts in it.