1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mental hospital

Discussion in 'Finding Content' started by vj-akasha.nl, Dec 17, 2006.

1. vj-akasha.nl

vj-akasha.nl New Member

I am looking for content about mental hospitals. Movies like Session 9 with lots of shots of the horrifying atmosphere of the abandondend hospital building.

Which movies have also that dark mood en footage?
  2. SilentEclipse

SilentEclipse PH 5.9

3. dubassy

dubassy televison ate my brain

i remember going to a test screening of trauma staring colin firth -

http://imdb.com/title/tt0363143/

there was lots of really quite freaky empty hospital stuff.
    didnt like the film too much tho....
  4. makemassair

makemassair makemassair.co.uk

hellraiser 2 has some mental hospital footage. :D its pretty dark n fuked up thou ;)
  5. makemassair

if you were in the UK I'd recommend coming up to where I reside as there is an abandoned mental hospital not far from me. I've not been but a mate's mate filmed there.
  6. hookturn

hookturn Reset

Didnt 12 monkeys have quite a bit of Mental Hospital stuff in there? Also try One flew over the cukoos nest.
  7. RayV

RayV =] ++ [=

8. turkish

turkish Doin' it in HK. sometimes

Watched an episode of 'Supernatural' this morning - 2 brothers chasing ghosts.

Season 1 episode 6 or 7 i think - They were chasing ghosts about in an abandoned Mental Asylum.

Filmed dark and grainy lots of shots of dark corridors, upturned furniture, steel doors and bars on the windows, weird lobotomy equipment ... sounds perfect for what you want.

I don't advise you to watch it on a treadmill at the time like me though....the jumpy bits tend to make u fall off....
  9. makemassair

yes and yes.
  10. makemassair

the awakening with robert de niro and robin williams.
  11. vj-akasha.nl

vj-akasha.nl New Member

Thanx everyone!

I am curious about the abandoned mental hospital, DVNT!
  12. Dacha!

Dacha! New Member

the movie HOUSE ON THE HAUNTED HILL(remake), I think you can find here some scenes like the ones you need!!!!!
  13. makemassair

i saw some of what she filmed, and it looked ok. would need to be lit properly. which is why you'd prob be better off with something like hellraiser for evil mental hospital. oh and freddy's new nightmare? maybe. whereas one flew over who be better for normal.

still it would be cool to get over there. I don't drive thou and its in the middle of nowhere if my memory serves
  14. visualove

visualove New Member

You might get in touch with this guy in your neighborhood. Maybe he could use a video crew...

[​IMG]

Belgian Asylum c Henk van Rensbergen www.abandoned-places.com

Also check Mamoru Oshii's film Avalon about an immersive video game in a post apocalyptic future. The players plug in in a grimy hospital ward like institution.

Some of the Batman films have sets for Arkham Asylum.
  15. Grim

Grim Visually Grim

16. brain

brain New Member

looks like straight out of THE FRIGHTENERS!
    (recommended)

and check out JACOBS LADDER, THE DEAD PIT and EXQUISITE TENDERNESS

... if you sit through all these features, you might be in for some treatment, too! :)