1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mercury Retrograde

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by THC, Mar 2, 2006.

1. THC

THC New Member

MERCURY RETROGRADE PERIODS 2006
    March 2 Retrograde at 26 degrees Pisces
    March 25 Direct at 13 degrees Pisces

make sure you all double back up all your stuff, loops, data and if possible gears during this period, shit do happen.......

" Businesses, travels and communications tend to experience delays and different problems. Computers and other processes that work with information may experience crashes, unexpected failures."

" Don't enroll to courses, don't buy expensive Mercurian items (books, cars, mobile phones, computers etc.), don't sign important contracts"

" Next, you might wish to prevent any bad things to happen to you:
    so double-check your agenda, call your business partners to confirm that everything goes as planned, have everything ready before the deadline and leave some extra time for unexpected events. Make copies of your important files and documents, save your work more often."

" The best mode to be in during a Mercury retrograde is one of "non-reaction". Treat the time period as a time of gathering information, yet because the information will be in constant change it would be like trying to comb your hair in a wind storm. Best to wait until the changes stop before attempting to make things orderly. Therefore, just let the winds of situations blow around you without reacting. Once Mercury turns direct, take a look at the information that is still around at that time and go about putting everything in order, while maintaining the fine art of flexibility. :shrug:

2. akira_k

akira_k 8GB EUTour 2010 - book us

Is that a period from 2 trough to 25 or just those two days?

3. vjpixylight

vjpixylight AKA Will O' The Wisp

thanks mate! I have been dealing with those slippery merc prats, and they will slick you up they will;)

4. THC

THC New Member

it is from march 2 to 25, almost 3 weeks
    a lil tip to make retrograde easier:
    put "re" in front of everything you do: relax, re-check, re-edit, reboot, remove, reorganize, re-render, REmix, re-capture, RE-count ($$$)........
    and so on.
    WE could keep a log on mercury glitches during this period.
    like yesterday my CS2 losted it's serial# it could not open it i had to
    re-install.

5. kallisti

kallisti hypermasher

well, my pbook already fell victim late last night....

6. unjulation

unjulation Moderator

F**K - its bad enough haveing to jugell being a gemi - let alone when merc gos tits up - anyone wanna swap ?

though this does explain why i have given up loads of work at the mo and pased it on to other peeps

must be geting better at the warning siduals lol

(must watch what i say over the next few weeks)

edited to say - though i could have know about this before before i started cawing from the roof tops - ah well

7. robotfunk

robotfunk Feed your Machine

yup, I had to call someone to bring a soldering iron last night, my video mixer's power supply had loosened a wire, lots of other (minor) tech glitches too.

8. vjpixylight

vjpixylight AKA Will O' The Wisp

yep happenin here too:(
    I'm having the strangest electrical problems today..(took me a hour just to get my wireless up and going(tried everything) and now the electrical power is all funny, like i cant' run 2 diferent cords out from this one wall socket, where I had never had that problem b4..:crazyeyes

9. robotfunk

10. andythetwig

andythetwig New Member

utter bollocks.

11. Rovastar

Rovastar /..\

What on earth is this thread about?

12. devonmiles

devonmiles Midi: the language of God

uhm, yeah, this information is very confident. in fact its for the illuminati only. those traitors who unveiled the uprise of this cosmic emanation shall be aware of the fatal revenge of the mighty M. :sun:

hell, whats wrong with my fiwi hdd???

13. THC

THC New Member

"What on earth is this thread about?" not earth, mercury.....

this thread is about the genera effects of mercury retrograde on communication & electronics, it was just a lil warning to fellow vjs to back up their stuff and to be aware of those effects.
    on the fun side: to keep a log on weird stuff that might happen during these 3 weeks.
    believe or not believe things do happen, that's why i was thinking about keeping track of unusual electronic and electrical breakdown.
    already 2 days on... and effect started to be posted....
    -"well, my pbook already fell victim late last night...."
    -"I'm having the strangest electrical problems today.."
    -"my video mixer's power supply had loosened a wire"

14. devonmiles

as mercury is the god of shoplifters too, which impact would the retrograde have on shoplifting? should I just snatch this 60" plasma telly? :cool:

15. THC

THC New Member

:up:

16. THC

THC New Member

-"well, my pbook already fell victim late last night...."
    -"I'm having the strangest electrical problems today.."
    -"my video mixer's power supply had loosened a wire"
    "hell, whats wrong with my fiwi hdd???"

17. unjulation

unjulation Moderator

roles about on the floor laughing -

you just gota understand that its nice to take time out from being "real" and just kick back and talk s**t - but hay that might be ju7st me :)

18. devonmiles

losses so far:
    firewire hdd looses its mft
    dvd recorder says "please wait" when turned on. I am waiting for a week now...
    portable dvd player plain broken
    vcr chokes on cassette, plain broken
    half of frankfurt had no access to internet yesterday ( could be worse...)

tis gonna expensive :mad: and its one more week!

19. THC

THC New Member

Back Again

MERCURY RETROGRADE
    In general, Mercury rules thinking and perception, processing and disseminating information and all means of communication, commerce, education and transportation. By extension, Mercury rules people who work in these areas, especially people who work with their minds or their wits: writers and orators, commentators and critics, gossips and spin doctors, teachers, travellers, tricksters and thieves.

Mercury retrograde gives rise to personal misunderstandings; flawed, disrupted, or delayed communications, negotiations and trade; glitches and breakdowns with phones, computers, cars, buses, and trains. And all of these problems usually arise because some crucial piece of information, or component, has gone astray, or awry.

It is therefore not wise to make important decisions while Mercury is retrograde, since it is very likely that these decisions will be clouded by misinformation, poor communication and careless thinking. Mercury is all about mental clarity and the power of the mind, so when Mercury is retrograde, these intellectual characteristics tend to be less acute than usual, as the critical faculties are dimmed. Make sure you pay attention to the small print!

20. vj_jasper

vj_jasper imagination

/edit

okay i have had two 'mercury retrograde' situations happen in the last 24 hours:

lost car key

external drive showing on desktop but not on the list of hard drives

well i was going to buy a refurbished 6 megapixel finepix e550 that has video capability too, 640 by 480 30 fps. like.. today, am thinking of purchasing it off the net; perhaps better to wait for a couple of weeks?

thc that's classic :D good advice, i like it.

when does the retrograde end?

interestingly enough, lost the car key on a track from the beach, and then as i turned to look for it, a fellow surfer who also was leaving the water, said to me, 'hey werent you the vj who gave a talk at the animation festival?', to which i replied 'yeah dude but i lost my car key', luckily fellow surfer spotted the key on the grass beside the track.

21. vjvishnu

vjvishnu Interdimentional Creature

Yeah i'm also curios when it ends.

last year when mercury was in retrograde my PC had a schizophrenic episode, and i had to re-install the operating system three times. My computer expert friend resussetated it around the time that the retrograde ended. The ram has always seemed slower ever since.

My sun sign is gemini and when i was born the planet mercury was also in gemini and these periods usually hit my tech pretty badly.

Anyone interested in a free astrological birth chart should go to http://www.astro.com, sign up for a membership straight away and click through to the "chart drawing asendant" link. Then all you need is your exact birth time (you parents will probably know) and you will get a complete birth chart.

It probably won't mean a thing to you if your new to the creative (near) science of astrology. The important things are your Moon sign and your asendant (rising sign). These are reported to govern your emotional world and your outer personality respectively.

Don't look at any thing else on the site if i were you, from my experience it is "utter bollocks" as Andythetwig asserts with such grace and insight.

Infact the sceptics of astrology are quite sensible on the whole as most of the stuff i've read on astrology over the years is total non-sense.

It took me years to find something that had a strong resonance with even my most skeptikal friends.

"The instant astrologer" by lin birbeck is simply the finest astrological artifact i have encountered so far. I had a freind who thought astrology was just a load of superstious nonsense untill we looked up his profile and read through the pages of text. Two pages in he was so shocked at the acuracy and personal relevatory nature of the analysis that he blushed and asked me to leave while he carried on reading.

My advise with getting into any fledgling science like astrology is just to buy two or three diifferent texts on it and cross refference them with each other. Then cross reference the remaining overlaps between the texts with what you know of your self.

Even if you think astrology is a load of bollocks and please don't just take my word that it isn't, then reading all of these researchers talk about all the elements of human personality in this way is still really fascinating. I had a profile done of myself by Equinox in london. I put ticks next to everything that had a resonance with me. The thing is 90% ticks. And most of it like having extream hair and beard styles and having a strong urge to confront and shock (in a freindly way) total strangers or anyone on first meeting them is just not stuff that applies to just anyone. Alot of it really confirmed things i already knew about myself, but seeing them written down so clearly brought home alot of truths about who I am.

Remember like the force of magnetism to a metal ball rolling around a pinball machine, astology only colours the water of your personality. It is all about subtle tendancies that can all be overcome either way with work. Nothing astrological is set in stone.

Isacc Newton the founder of modern physics was well into astrology. One day a skeptic turned round to him and said that he thought that astrology was a load of rubbish and he didn't believe in it at all. Newton looked at him and then replied, "you think astrology is a load of rubbish and you don't believe in it, simply because you have not researched it properly."

And thats what i'd say to any skeptic. And, no, a horoscope in the tabloids is is not proper research at all.

22. vjvishnu

This is seriously fucked up.

My G5 tower is spazzing out big time.

It keeps lowering the volume settings, randomly selecting text, cntrl clicking and printing "+++++++++++++++++++++++++++" all on its own. The curor is flashing and firefox keeps crashing.

The light is also flickering on the roof.

I feel like i'm in a David Lynch film.

When does mercury come back online?

23. THC

THC New Member

Starting to have dead pixels on my PB screen today.
    Mercury goes back on line March 7

24. robotfunk

This one is especially bad. I've had strange women smiling at me in a train, and I even got a valentine's card from a mystery student. Not to mention my harddisk has more free space than it did last week ????

25. vj_jasper

vj_jasper imagination

:yep::roll::harhar::jump:

26. vjvishnu

So the retrograde is over now?

Time to buy some AV kit.

I know my above post about my G5 sounds nuts but it really was going ape. I replaced the keyboard and it was fine again, but the weird thing was that the "+" key was not stuck down and no liquid had got on to it.

Anyway, I had a thought, just an idea, but what if the BBC's fuck up coming to light had something to do with the Mercury Retrograde? I know, i know, you can't blame everything on astrology, but mercury is believed to govern communication and the retrograde means that communication fks up and goes awry. Now maybe that didn't happen on the actual day, but its interesting that it came to light during the retrograde.

Did anyone else have any more equipment go nuts?

27. RayV

RayV =] ++ [=

we also experianced lack of intenet in the whole of tel aviv 2 weekends ago.

28. vjvishnu

Huh? Interesting. Could just be a coincidence. Then again...

I don't mean to over cook both these subjects but i just felt the urge to just raise the faint possiblity that, again, if mercury is "comunication", and retrograde is "anomalies with", then maybe as Scooter Libby shopping his CIA agent to the press, Bush's crazy misleading statment about uranium and the court case (+ related emails) actually managing to book the fkr, all coming to a head at the end of the retrograde...

...vishnu grabs tin foil hat and doges a cloud of poisen darts, flys out the door and slams it shut... ...natives stop in tracks and stare angrily at shut door. Dust settles. Cue map and plane overlay. :roll: :poke:

29. vjvishnu

Wa Hey! Its that time again, yes it is....

Mercury Retrograde in cancer.

Don't know when it kicked in but it wit us now.

Do, then re-do, then do, then re-do...

Getting that wireless router going last night was a real ball ache, it kept fcuking up every 20 minute untill i slapped it around a bit.

Any other technology fkups going down right now???

:hide: :trashcomp :assimilat

30. RayV

RayV =] ++ [=

Body Count so far:

hit n run accident
    [me bicycle - hit by car] not major damage - though
    hurt my hand bad 1 day before gig. actually before series of 4 gigs

No internet 2 [AGAIN] - last night,
    no answer from internet provider [24 hours service - ha!]
    Getting the anoying music for hours
    server probs.

save & backup pepole