1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mixing between pieces of software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by VJChrisShendo, Dec 11, 2009.

1. VJChrisShendo

VJChrisShendo New Member

I currently have about 6 different applications, all with seperate unique functions, that I use for VJing. Is there any application that takes the video output of these apps (or even just two of the apps, if I can switch them out) and allows you to mix between them, like an analog video mixer between 2 computers? I am running Mac.
  2. Scratchpole

Scratchpole Hmm still thinking...

Hello and welcome:)
    Yes but no but yes.
    Vade's screen capture plugin with VDMX is about as good as you can hope for.. adding one app to another on one machine.

Are the functions really that unique? What are you using?
  3. VJChrisShendo

VJChrisShendo New Member

well, they aren't completely unique, what I really mean is, for instance, one is Modul8, but then I have some open source visualization apps that I would like to be able to mix in and out of the actual video mixing I am doing. mainly, I just want to mix things up during my sets, to add a little more. but I guess I'll just have to get a video mixer and then seperate the software onto two computers. Just wanted to see if there was a way to do it on one system.

Thx for the quick response!
  4. lettucejam1

lettucejam1 New Member

What visua

Hi What open source visualization apps are you using??
  5. asterix

asterix IMAGINEER

Chris you need to give more details as there are too many variables involved.

• how many computers are you using
    • what software are you mixing into
    • what software are you trying to stream into that software
    The reality is yes you're probably better off getting a mixer. 6 simultaneous sources would be pretty system intensive, let alone streaming the data between apps at a half descent resolution.

You might want to look into quartz composer. Perhaps there are some network streaming tools that you can implement in modul8.
  6. benji ramsey

benji ramsey midi knob fondler

mixer and another lappy get my vote. I run modul8 and res3 and wouldnt dream of patching them with something else on the same machine....they crash enough by themselves. ---my 1 cents worth (budget cuts...formerly 2 cents)