1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Musician near NYC looking for VJ's

Discussion in 'Just Starting' started by Nanophonic, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Nanophonic

Nanophonic New Member

hey, Im new to this whole VJing, and I was wondering where the happening places are to find VJ's around New York City (I live in Southwestern Connecticut.)

Is there anywhere around here that I could go to find people to collaborate with? My main background is as a musician (guitars, keyboards, samplers) and I want to integrate my music with a visual show.

Also, Id be really interested in learning how to VJ, how do people usually go about learning how to VJ?

If youre interested and you have any questions about my background, please feel free to ask! And thanks in advance for the info! :)

2. LEVLHED

LEVLHED gear whoreder

I know there's more than a few VJs around NYC..you could check out the members list to see if any are real close to you.
    As for NY events, Eyewash happens quite regularly..umm.....see link below!
    how to learn to VJ? checking out local shows is a great place to see first hand (most VJs don't mind much if asked respectfully...you may even get on a guestlist) AND block out as much time as you can and get busy reading here and www.vjcentral.com ! When you start to get a feel for it, ask *specific* questions...

3. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

http://www.forwardmotiontheatER.org

that's a theat-ER..., not a theat-RE! We ain't no french-canadians!!!!
    um, oh yeah, we also an .org, not a .com..., we ain't no .commies neither! we arties! Yay!

But Eyewash is still in haitus until the second year DVD is finished (soon soon! I promise). And it looks like we will be doing November 19th at a new space in the East Village in conjunction with the new amsterdam VJ movie. Please stay tuned....
    :love: