1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New member / sorting content

Discussion in 'Just Starting' started by otropotro, Oct 28, 2004.

1. otropotro

otropotro New Member

Hi

I am from Tenerife, Canary Islands Spain. Allways interested in projecting images with rythm on real time. Recently I got some hardware (Mac G4) and a demo of Arkaos VJ also whiling to test other software I am finding on my way through the webs.

Now I am starting to sort my contents (DVDs, about 60 Mini DV tapes of various themes and travels and computer generated material) My first question is what is/are the better ways and format to get all the content sorted, for example if I am using arkaos sould I have my footage in 320x240px movies, is that quality enough for being proyected?... Well I have many questions but this one will be enough for today as my first post to the board.

I also hope I can help the VJ comunity with my background in design and computer graphics.
  2. Kyle

Kyle "Hello my VJ friend"

!Hola! Welcome to the boards. I am living in Valencia at the moment and there is a nice VJ scene here.

Your question about content is a common one. I prefer to use 320x240 quicktime. Using Premiere, Vegas, or Quicktime you can compress your videos. Some say Cinepak, Sorenson, or Motion JPEG. Take a look around VJ Forums and VJ Central. There is a obscene amount of information. Try and experiment and find out what works well for you. Also don?t forget to read through the FAQ and the Terms of Service. Hopefully this will help you understand how the community works. Enjoy!

Ciao