1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No output to the ledwall

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jedo, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Jedo

Jedo New Member

Hi all,

I have a big problem. Last saterday i had no output to the ledwall on a gig. (not with vj program, not with another program and even no desktop background)
    My laptop regonized the second monitor. It was connected with VGA cable -VGA to DVI adapter and de adapter on the ledwall signal booster. My first tought was that maybe the ledwall was defect. So i connected my pc to another ledwall in another area of that dance event. Same problem here, no output to the screen. This time it was connected with only a VGA cable and my laptop regonized the second screen. Second tought, maybe my graffic card is defect. So just to be sure i'll connected my laptop to a regular tft monitor and this works fine! I'll had output?! :confused: (setting: extended desktop).

Okay what's wrong here? Next thing was to try another laptop. So i borrowed a notebook of a friend and connected it to the (first) ledscreen with the same cable setup, this was working.:scared: But just to sure the next day i'll connected my laptop to a 42" LCD television with a VGA cable. This was also working.

Strange thing is that a week before it all works as it supose te be.
    The problem occured after an reinstall of windows 7. But i can't figured out what the problem/bug is. I'll installed the latest grafic card driver.

Any of you an idea what the problem is or how to fix this?

The specs:
    Notebook: Acer Aspire 5920G, Proccesor type: Intel Core 2 Duo T7300, Memory: 2 GB, Graffic Card: nVidia GeForce 8600m GT with latest driver (v 296.10).
    Operating systeem: Windows 7 ultimate 32-bit

Software: Resolume Avenue 4.0 and Grand VJ

Greetz,
    Jeroen