1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OHM not working in Union

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Joseph, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Joseph

Joseph New Member

Hello,

Ive recently bought the OHM (with wood trim!) which includes the software livid union. The software works fine but I can't for the life of me get the OHM to communicate with the laptop. Has anyone else had a simular problem?

(Im working of XP)

Any advice would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks,

Joe
  2. Bas

Bas Visual Crescendo

Are there any drivers that need to be installed?
    Check the cd's that you got with it.
  3. Joseph

Joseph New Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the quick reply, Yep ive installed all the drivers form the CD and ive downloaded another from livid just in case mine where currupted. Ive even reformatted my laptop and re-installed the software / drivers. Still no joy, I emailed livid suport yesturday but they haven't got back to me yet. Im just a bit jumpy because ive got my first gig soon. Any ideas would be greatfully recieved.

Cheers,

Joe
  4. scm212

scm212 New Member

What version of Union shipped with your controller? The reason I ask is that I also purchased the wood Ohm and it shipped with an earlier version of Union that didn't work with the controller. The guys at Livid are pretty quick to respond and provided me with a link to download the correct software in about 24 hours. Also, unlike many other devices, the Ohm must be plugged in and is not bus powered.
  5. Joseph

Joseph New Member

Hi,

Problem all sorted, after much testing and reinstalling I eventualy took it back to the store. WHere after testing other OHM's we found out that my power pack was the problem. I think it might have been cranking to much juice as the OHM was literaly pulsing when the blue backlit LED's where on. So one new power pack later and another re-install it seems to be working okay. Thanks for your posts, this forum is extremely helpful.

Cheers,

Joe