1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pilgrim fans or critics out there??

Discussion in 'Software' started by DustinK, Jan 26, 2005.

1. DustinK

DustinK New Member

SO I've briefly looked at visual jockey, resolume, and pilgrim demos and definatelly feel pilgrim is what I'm looking for but just wanted to see what others thought?? It seems most regulars on this forum use arkoas or visual jockey and was wondering what they thought of Pilgrim?? I definatelly need the music sync that this offers, and the clip feel and video input capability I'm excited about. Any input would be helpful before I dedicate my free time to fully learning this software.

2. Kyle

Kyle "Hello my VJ friend"

Talk to Mile...he loves Pilgrim.

3. turkish

turkish Doin' it in HK. sometimes

I evaluated Pilgrim some time ago.

Its a serious piece of kit with 3d rendering. Has some beautiful features

But you need quite a serious piece of hardware to run it on - Don't even think about sticking it on your common or garden lappy

Turkish

4. dotmatrix

dotmatrix midwestmassive

Pilgrim is pretty awesome once you get the hang of it. It does visuals like nothing else out there. The new version is looking like a killer, too.

5. Mile

Mile ---------

I'm not allowed too tell this though but the audio sync isn't that good yet! Well, to be honest, it has a terrible lag. :p Not sure if it will be fixed in Pilgrim R2 though.

About the video part, like all other VJ software, it does the job (scratching, effects, multiple videos, mixing etc). My main reason of using Pilgrim is the 3D engine/editor, which is very good. :yep:

And yes, you need some expensive hardware for this (CPU runs on 100% all the time).

6. Arnout

Arnout Pilgrim Developer

Hi, a quick reply from Loosegoose/Pilgrim Visuals:

audio syncing: definitely top-knotch in R2.0!

power required: R2 will run much faster (even) on slower machines than R1.11. (indeed R1.11 grabbed all the power it could get).
    DX9 graphics card is required for R2.

Arnout