1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

playing indeo via quicktime

Discussion in 'Software' started by LEVLHED, Apr 13, 2005.

1. LEVLHED

LEVLHED gear whoreder

I'm trying to figure out how to play indeo avi files via quicktime. I have the latest qtplayer installed. the indeo avis play fine in windows media player. I was thinking that they just aren't gonna go, but my buddy swears he's using the same files in neuromixer (qt-based)! They just come up as white frames for me :(

whats the trick?
  2. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

3. LEVLHED

LEVLHED gear whoreder

you know, that sure sounded like the answer, but it still doesn't work! I don't understand.
    to be fair my wmp is taking the system down right now, so it could be an unrelated issue.
  4. KillingFrenzy

KillingFrenzy KillingFrenzy Visuals

Indeo works for me

I use a paid for copy of IndeoXP from Ligos and it works with all my Max/MSP/Jitter stuff... which uses the Quicktime API. My files play in the quicktime player as well. The paid for version is $15... though the bastards don't have an OSX version, which pisses me off and you might want to us MJPEG or PJPEG if you're going the fullon quicktime route (so as to be compatible with MAC folks).
  5. Excalibas

Excalibas low budget VJ

I?m using .mov files with indeo 5.11 i got the codec by opening a file with this codec in quicktime and it downloads the codec from the internet automaticly, after this you don?t need to download again.
    I use this codec because it has good quality and the files play fine and are not very large. i haven?t tried scraching with this yet.