1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Podcasting Software?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by freakowen, Aug 2, 2011.

1. freakowen

freakowen I've given money to VJForums

As this isn't strictly a VJ Software question, I thought it fit better in general chat; but feel free to move it.

For the day job I'm trying to find some software to create podcasts with, been googling away and not having much luck finding something suitable.

Just need something to very basically chop audio together - hosting, uploading, link generation is all being handled elsewhere
    Needs to be dead, dead simple to use
    Needs to be PC based (so garageband out)
    Needs to be able to export MP3
    Needs to be able to import WMA (so Audacity is out).
    Budget roughly £100-£200ish per license max, but less than that would obviously be better.

I know I could probably find something to convert WMA to mp3 and then use Audacity to go from there; but to the point about it being simple to use - I'd really rather have one piece of software that does everything.

I know this isn't VJ or even video related, but I know there are guys on here who do their own podcasts, and everyone seems to be a fairly knowledgeable bunch :)

If I manage to answer my own question first I'll pop the answer here as well :)

Thanks,

2. SteveG

SteveG Downstairs for Dancing

You do get hosting that can handle both audio and visual podcasts. I think you'll find that most will be a monthly charge.