1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Mapping Setup

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by madsmeskalin, Mar 4, 2012.

1. madsmeskalin

madsmeskalin Torkonfoslak

I bought a bunch of PVC pipes, which in theory, could be built into may different forms and shapes. However, it was not solid enough, and I had to gaffatape the pipes to keep them from falling apart. I could use wood, although, I am also open for other possibilities. Do you have any idea┬┤s how to make a DIY portable mapping setup for cheap?

Also, when you make a such a setup, what do you use to cover it? I tried using traditional cloth, but when I make many different shapes, I have to cut and cut and cut, until the cloth is all torn apart after a few gigs. Any ideas hwo to recycle it infinitly?
  2. vanakaru

vanakaru I've given money to VJForums

3. madsmeskalin

madsmeskalin Torkonfoslak

Any idea of pricing per meter? Cant find it on the webpage. Stretch is really good, but I still have to cut it up if I want to make vastly different shapes each time.

Also, any ideas of a cheap and light weight material to build frames for installations? The PVC pipes didnt work as expected, but maybe wood? I also seen a youtube video of some guys using tent poles, however I cant find it right now.