1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Processing 1.0 - Open Source Media Arts Programming Language

Discussion in 'Software' started by Esotic, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Esotic

Esotic Fine Ass Posts

http://processing.org/

Processing is a programming language and environment built for the media arts and design communities. It is created to teach fundamentals of computer programming within a visual context and to serve as a software sketchbook. It is used by students, artists, designers, architects, and researchers for learning, prototyping, and production.

2. jaqx

jaqx New Member

looks quite interesting

what are the differences with Max/msp/jitter?

is this relatively new? never heard about it before...

3. videoteque

videoteque New Member

A lot of different projects . Some cooler than others, some of them using Processing.

4. robotfunk

robotfunk Feed your Machine

proce55ing is the bomb. I've had the chance to check it out at Dorkbot last year where Toxi, one of the developers (and old mate) demonstrated it. Looking forward to playing with the new version.

5. spark

spark cut-up, composit, create

yup i've been keeping my eye on it too. it looks very cool, if only i had the time =]

differences between it and max/msp? erm... have a look! i'd contrast it with flash/actionscript too.

toby

6. epoch

epoch crack monkey in training

This is a descendant of John Maeda's Design by Numbers . Been a while since I have used DBN. Just the small amount I have seen of Processing looks rather interesting....

7. Bartholomew

Bartholomew Resolume VJ Software

Processing it very interesting indeed. but last time i tried it (about a year ago when it was still beta) i thought it was not very suitable for vj apps because you can,t create more then one window.

shame really because everything you need is there, midi, quicktime, 3D.

need to go and have another look.