1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q-tion DVD studio Pro 3

Discussion in 'Software' started by oxygen, Apr 1, 2005.

1. oxygen

oxygen V i d e o l o g y

hiya.

Just now, I am finishing my DVD-demo, but there is 1 little thing that remains unresolved for me..
    I have created a navigation-Menu with 12 button which is working fine.
    The only thing is that it automatic sets an activited (highlighted) setting to the same button (button 5) EVERYTIME when it has finished playing a clip or when you start the DVD.
    if that would happen to the button that has just been played I would like it much better. Or if it would go to button 1 and not 5. But I cant see any differences between them, so dont know what where to adjust.:-(

This is really ennoying me, and I dont know how to solve it.
    If someone here can tell me, I will send him/her my first demo-DVD :)

weee!! this post has turned into a lil' contest.

[​IMG]

2. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

not completly sure how to do this in dvdsp off the top of my head (haven't used it for ages) but in the end action menu you should be able to set a button selection ( i think you just select the button you want in the drop down) - this way when each track finishes playing and returns you to the menu then you can control which button is selected (typically you use it to create a sequence so track1 ends with the track 2 button selected track 2 ends with track 3 selected and so on)

if your menu is the firstplay then you should set the default button to be button 1 (or whatever) click on the menu in the graphical view and then the default button is set in the menu tab of the properties window.

i hope this helps you - do i win a prize :p

3. solly

solly New Member

Put your first play as track 1

4. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

You either have to use scripting (brrrrrrr, the horror of assigning variables in a chapter-clickable dvd, ack!) or you will have to make 12 identical menus that each have the default button set to the next choice, then you have to make .... for example:

film1 "jump when finished" to menu2...,
    film2 "jump when finished" to menu3...,
    etc.

In the bizarro world of dvd authoring, this is actually the easier way to do it.

Me WIN prize???

5. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

??? really ???
    what version are you on there holly?

in the version i have (3.0.2) the end action drop down menu looks like this
    Code:
    menus >> menu 1 >> [menu]
                       button 1
                       button 2

if you select [menu] then it uses the default button selection as specified in the properties of that menu - if you select button 2 it jumps to the menu with button 2 selected.

you shouldn't need to use scripting to get such basic functionality (we're not in scenerist here!)

6. oxygen

oxygen V i d e o l o g y

The structure of my DVD exist of only 1 track with each a different "story" assigned to the buttons.
    So Tom, what you explain first prolly only works when you work with "tracks" assigned to each buttons?

In that case Holly might have the correct answer , that i will have to make xx menus (which I am Not planning to), or I should go scripting...(well maybe in a next life but not right here, right now)...

Anyway, I did find where to change the default button in order to set the 1st button as Default (instead of the 5th.)
    Thnx Tom:)

Now the jury has had a hard time deciding who was more right , and couldnt make a decision between all of the great answers here!
    Now after long discussions they have come to the conclusion that everyone will win a price;
    Tom get the 1st price (its a DVD!!!)
    Holly the 2nd (also a DVD!!)
    and Solly the 3th...(Quess what...?its a DVD!!)

:jump2:

7. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

i think it should work with stories too (although i can't really claim to be an expert on dvdsp - due mainly to the amazingly unstable nature of my mac meaning that i've only used it for a couple of projects.)

looking forward to seeing the dvd :)

8. holly

holly WetCircuit.com

YIPEEE!!!!
    :jump2:

I'm on dvdsp1.5.... I wasn't trying to emulate the way the program works (finder bar etc), just trying to describe a method where you get the desired effect (with multiple menus). uhh.

9. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

yeah i can see that working as a workable workaround but its a bit of a faff and will create a disk thats slower to navigate due to the multiple menus.
    if 1.5 doesn't have the more advanced end action options then i'd really recomend upgrading to 3 - you'll make better disks in less time with it.

dvds are funny things - often there are a million different ways of achiving the same end result :D

10. oxygen

oxygen V i d e o l o g y

Yay it works, also with the stories... dont know what went wrong b4.

Anyway all of u lucky winners PM/email me your adresses and I will send you DVD .
    >Tom will you go to AVit? I can give it then?

11. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

:jump: :jump: it works!! :jump: :jump:

yeah i'll be at avit until saturday.

12. oxygen

oxygen V i d e o l o g y

Great! will be nice to see you again !:)