1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quicktime, how do i eksport more then one file at a time

Discussion in 'Just Starting' started by Anders, Nov 10, 2009.

1. Anders

Anders New Member

Dumb question i know, but i really cant figure out how to eksport more then one file at a time. I just figured out to use Quicktime to convert my files so they work in Reolume, but i have a lot of files i need converted and right now i have to do em one at a time.
  2. PCProject

PCProject Moderator

3. seex

seex Codeep visuals

4. asterix

asterix IMAGINEER

5. vjair

vjair Making Shapes

didnt you mention before you had after effects? if so, use the render queue.
  6. fryup

fryup Mike/The Midi Thief

7. bridd

bridd :)

I use QTamateur on Mac for batch encoding Quicktime, works v.well for me :)
  8. seex

seex Codeep visuals

9. Anders

Anders New Member

PCP: Im using a pc :( and installed virtuadub but i still have no ideer og how to eksport more then one file at a time.

And i am sory be such a noob but i cant really figure out what you meen by "d/l link"

Vjair: Im not sure what you meen by after effects in regard to this ?

But somethong like QT, livid or automator, just for pc would be excelent.

If none of this works im thinking about just moving my clips to my friends mac and doing em there but would like to have a more long term solution for it :D

But anyhout still thx for all the answers so far, you guys rock !!
  10. fryup

fryup Mike/The Midi Thief

Livid instrument's Batch Export Utility is for Mac & PC.

d/l link = download link
  11. vjair

vjair Making Shapes

sorry, just checked and it was premiere not after effects you mentioned before... my mistake, ignore me :D
  12. Anders

Anders New Member

Thx :p well i have tried Livid now, but it just wont start up, it might be because im running it on win 7
  13. vjair

vjair Making Shapes

i havnt used win 7 yet, but is there an option "run as administrator " like in vista when you right click over the exe ?
  14. Anders

Anders New Member

It does but it still wont work :/
  15. seex

seex Codeep visuals

This works too:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/446761

"If you really want to do this in AE, this could be a way:

Import all your files in the Project Panel.

Select them all (drag with your mouse or make Project panel active, then Control+A on Win or Command+A on Mac).

Drag them all to the New Comp button at the bottom of the project panel.

You will get a dialog which offers to place all these files in a single After Effects Composition, or create a separate Composition for each. Select the latter.

In the Project panel, select the resulting compositions and go to Composition > Add to Render Queue. Set each item to AVI format with your codec of choice."
  16. dRvj

dRvj VJ dRead

MPEG Streamclip, works on both Mac and Win, has batch function and is free, works quite well I find.

http://www.squared5.com/

On the mac to do a batch conversion you press <CMD>+B to open the batch window and then you can drag and drop any number of files into the window, a new window will pop up where you can set the encoding parameters (you can create presets here as well to speed things up in the future), once you have made the encoding settings the batch list will be populated with your files waiting to be converted, you can still add more files if you want or if you are done press the go button and get some coffee .... The windows process is pretty much the same.
  17. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

18. PCProject

PCProject Moderator

d/l link was an abbreviation of download link