1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

resolume (1.51 or 2) "Load Deck" question.

Discussion in 'Software' started by phunkyguy, Jan 20, 2005.

1. phunkyguy

phunkyguy New Member

i use resolume, usually 1.51

i also trigger it with a midi controller.

now my midi controller has a built in bank.
    ie - two midi buttons (up and down) and each time you hit the button it cycles through one of the banks. (1-10).

each of the 10 banks has a respective midi command. like bank 9 is C0 09, bank 10 is C0 10. These aren't the actual midi commands, but you get the point.

MY QUESTION IS -

"can i make a hotkey or midi message load a Saved Deck into resolume?"

idea is this - click the up arrow on my midi controller and BAM, Saved Deck #2 gets loaded, click it again, and BAM, Saved Deck #3 gets loaded.

I'm using the Behringer LC2412 as my controller, and i'm also a big user of Bome's Midi Translator... so if midi can't do it, i was hoping a keystroke would.

wait, i just got an idea. lemme try somethin...

still, please post your thoughts.... and if you're Holly... please post your skimpy VJ Calendar Girl photos ;-)
  2. phunkyguy

phunkyguy New Member

so i think i can somehow do this with resolume 2... with the whole tabbed thing.

any other ideas? can i give those tabs a keyboard shortcut or something?
  3. LEVLHED

LEVLHED gear whoreder

sorry, I don't know resolume very well, but I'm curious how you're geting on with that controller? I've had my eye on one of those for a while...tons of midi sliders for the money!
  4. phunkyguy

phunkyguy New Member

it's ok, latency is like 6-7ms. little too high for audio, but i love it for video. you hit the nail on the head, 30 sliders for approx $150USD (ebay).

also be sure to look at:

Edirol UC-33, about $200 usd

and the new and spiffy behringer gadget:

http://www.behringer.com/BCD2000/index.cfm?lang=ENG
  5. WordVirus23

WordVirus23 NoInput is Detected

Resolume 2.0+

has tabbed decks that you can load with the press of a midi button.

..j...
  6. WordVirus23

WordVirus23 NoInput is Detected

...if only...

like its counterparts, it sent MIDI messages for all knobs/controls.
    ..james...
    nice looking piece of kit tho