1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolume 2.1 nuances

Discussion in 'Software' started by an1m8or, Feb 28, 2005.

1. an1m8or

an1m8or New Member

Resolume nuisances

As with the other thread I have started about Arkaos nuances, I am also "playing "with Resolume these days...

The first thing I have noticed is that it feautures more effects than Arkaos BUT it applies all it's effects GLOBALLY.. on the final output.

That's a shame and it restricts you from creative mixing....
    It means that a seperate console mixer is required so you also use visuals from another source...

Also, when tapping keys from the keyboard to change clips the responce is less than immediate (always compared to Arkaos)...

(yep.. i am still using P4 3GHz and GF5700)
  2. charlielangridge

charlielangridge www.rho-d.co.uk

No it doesnt! RTFM
  3. syzygy

syzygy non-verbal communication

As charlie pointed out, you are wrong about effects only being global, but you are right about the lag on triggering.

things have improved somewhat in the latest update - at least the lag is pretty much constant now, so we can account for it when manually triggering or sequencing.

Resolume is really much better as a layer mixer than as a clip triggering app - we use VJamm pro for stuff that needs ultra fast response time.

Until someone makes the perfect VJ app that does everything (not going to happen any time soon...) Its all about choosing the right tool for the job.

Dan.
  4. hamageddon

hamageddon Motion Mapping Looper

it's nuisance btw.

yes, i *am* nitpicking today :p
  5. an1m8or

an1m8or New Member

MY APOLOGIES FOR BOTH MY MISTAKES :rolleyes:

...been using resolume for a couple of days , I will definently read the FM

thanx 4 the replies
  6. InsideUsAll

InsideUsAll immersive

7. syzygy

syzygy non-verbal communication

I took the use of nuance as being intended as well...

The English language has many nuances (nuisances too ;) )

Dan.
  8. jungle

jungle New Member

in resolume, just drag the effect and drop it over the clip you want to be effected! as far as i know u can use one effect on every clip plus up to tree more that effects the whole output... that would be 6 effects in total. not very necessary i guess...
  9. ecin

ecin triggerMotion

concerning lag in resolume, other installed applications can be the cause of the lag. for instance, if you have vegas video installed, it will interfere with resolume in some way causing a half-second lag, making it completely useless. i've been using resolume since 1.0 with no lag at all, after I uninstalled vegas video, and can bang out a visual beat on time with the music.

another thing i've noticed is that clips don't get loaded into ram. the first time you trigger them after loading up a deck, you end up with some lag depending on the clip-length and its compression. i've gotten into the habit of switching out my resolume source when I load up a deck for a couples seconds and triggering all the clips in that deck once.
  10. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

err sorry that sounds like crap to me

which component of vegas video is supposed to break resolume?
  11. ecin

ecin triggerMotion

no idea.

after having resolume installed on one of my machines for many months with no lag I had installed vegas video for some editing purposes. the next time I loaded up resolume there was a half second lag in triggering. uninstalling it rectified the problem.

knowing nothing about what vegas installs, its my guess that there is some dll that handles realtime video acceleration that inteferes. others have experienced the same problem.

apparently this isn't always the solution, though it worked for some.

previous discussion here
  12. phunkyguy

phunkyguy New Member

wow. i'll definetely let you know if it affects me and my delay. hmm. that would explain so much...

Evan
  13. an1m8or

an1m8or New Member

the lag i mentioned before is occuring without having installed Vegas on my machine.

only Arkaos and Resolume installed

maybe some other program is causing this (too many for trying everything to spot the one) or maybe this is just a Resolume nuisance (learned it ok ;) )

p.s it's not half a sec, ok, but it affects video tapping on the beat :nod: