1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

resolume sync

Discussion in 'Software' started by battagliero, May 5, 2005.

1. battagliero

battagliero New Member

why resolume can't playback a video without mdify the velocity of the video:
    I made a video perfectly sync with an audio track. But when I play the video in resolume and the audio from an external source (an other computer:a mac with pro tools) ther's no more sync. The sync in launch by a midi signal on pro tools wich palys the audiotrack on wich I made my movie.
    Isimply need to play a video wich start with a midi signal without modify the velocity, like a media player but with the possibilty of midi sync.
    What can I do? need hepl

2. spaceman

spaceman Member

resolume 2.2 is much better in that regard, but unless you have some kind of sync running between the 2 comp , no matter what software you use , sync won't be perfect, althu Midivid and Ableton Live get good results, for a few seconds. the best way i found to keep audio and video in sync is simply having a video file with audio...

3. syzygy

syzygy non-verbal communication

VJamm pro is the best I've found for playing a video file at a consistent speed - because it is designed for AV sample playing, the developers have put a lot of effort into getting the timing consistent.

I assume they lock the video playing to the computer clock.

We use resolume for most of our gigs, but I wouldn't rely on it for anything that needs to be very tightly synced.

4. videoteque

videoteque New Member

But if you render the sound, make a compact movie (video+sound) and read if with Quicktime???

5. battagliero

battagliero New Member

I need that the video starts with a midi signal, so I can't use qt ? Any suggestion?

6. sleepytom

sleepytom VJF Admin

as dan said VJamm Pro is the best app for consistant speed of playback and AV sync. VJamm is a full AV sampler so a lot of work has been put into the timing which is handled by the soundcard rather than the less accurate CPU clock.

you can download a demo from www.vjamm.com - also have a look at mike juxta's tutorial on channel4.com/pixnmix

7. vjfader

vjfader Audio Video Artist

Try Neuromixer AVmixer Pro, or Neuroixer Single if U don't need to mix the movies. QuickTime based VJ Apps, both available for Mac/PC.

free download at www.neuromixer.com

8. battagliero

battagliero New Member

so I tried to understand the tutorial for sync with vjamm... I didn't understand it at all, maybe for my really bad English.
    There's no other tutorial, more simple, wich teach me how to sync a video (on Premiere allready sync with an audio track) with the same base but in midi (played on pro tools, wich should be the sequencer wich gives me the midi signal to play the video). the video is about 10 minutes long all perfectly sync. In your opinon is possible do what I wanna do?
    I realy need hepl.

ThanX to all the people who gives me a bit of their time.

battagliero

9. hamageddon

hamageddon Motion Mapping Looper

okay, if u just wanna sync a video in time to the audiotrack
    try syncing it via MidiTimeCode from Protools to a Video
    App on a another Computer. Sony Vegas can do that.

10. battagliero

battagliero New Member

ok I konw that protools can give me the midi input to start tha video (already done with resolume) but Sony vegas can recive that kind of signal?And can play back the video with out losing the sync?

I've to do this:

a mac with protools (wich play the song wich I made the video) give a midi signal only for start the video wich is played on an other pc, I would like to know wich software allows me to recive tah kind of midi signal and to playback the video with out losing the sync that I (hardly) made in premiere...

:help: :help: :help:

thanX

11. videoteque

videoteque New Member

Battagliero!!!

I can't understand why you want to maintain sync to an already done project. Make an AVI or a MOV.

What part are you manipulating live?? Why you can't live with a "rendered" file??

If I understand correctly, you don't need just a "start" signal. You need an app that can read Midi Time Code and sync to it, which is way more complicated...

12. hamageddon

are we talking about one clip in resolume here
    or just a bunch of clips in resolume triggered at certain points of ur protools track?

13. battagliero

battagliero New Member

mmm maybe my wery bad English made some missundertsanding.

Idon't want (in this performance) manipulate the video.
    There's a live band wich use protools for theier base sound.
    So I can use my audio such as audio out, so I can't just play my 'rendered' file.
    I just need a midi clic wich make start the video (wich as to be playbacked at 25 fps).
    that's all.
    I try with resolume, the midi signal arrive to my pc and to resolume but resolume didn't playback the video at 25 fps.

ciao,
    battagliero

-------
    per videoteque

ok ci provo in italiano:
    allora devo solo far partire il video come se fosse una base musicale.
    Io di fatto ho realizzato un video (circa 10') a sincrono con un pezzo che, in questa performance, verr? suonato dal vivo utilizzando delle basi presenti su un mac che usa protools, allora protools mi da il segnale di midi, ma non ho trovato nessun programma in grado di ricevere un segale midi che mi faccia partire il video e che pio mi faccia il paly back del video a 25 fotogrammi al secondo

sto pensando di essere un po' rincoglionito

ciao

battagliero

14. videoteque

videoteque New Member

I hippotize a new solution.

Can he make a DVD with the images, and the sound is TimeCode. He plays the DVD, which sends the TimeCode to ProTools, which sync to the DVD...?????

If someone can answer...

15. hamageddon

it won't stay in sync that way. don't use midi note as triggers
    here get an video app that can *sync* to Protools via MIDI.
    i've already mentioned vegas before.

16. battagliero

battagliero New Member

hamageddon if i understand, you say that I hve to sync the audio to the video, so Vegas can sand a midi to protools, and the audio will start?
    I'm right?

17. hamageddon

correct. you can even set protools as midi master and vegas to mid slave ? so vegas will begin playing when protools sends the midi start.