1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland MC-808 sampling groovebox

Discussion in 'Just Starting' started by Gaffa, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Gaffa

Gaffa V:S lab

2. Bokonon

Bokonon SonicSlice

You could use this as a midi sequencer to sequence clips on your VJ software. I personally think that the roland groove box sequencers suck something chronic, I would reccomend a secondhand Yamaha RM1X if all you are looking for is a worthwhile performance midi sequencer.

If you want it to do AV stuff with the on board synth, sampler etc. then the RS7000 is worth looking at.

3. Gaffa

Gaffa V:S lab

I thought so..well,thank you for answer

4. rayrik

rayrik New Member

It is probably Rolands biggest flop ever, if you want it wait some months, they will be getting rid of them, I checked it out when it came out. Useless, sensless, concept and realisation, good for nothing in all aspects. RS 7000 is the best hardware sequenzer ever. I am myself looking for one in good condition.

5. Bokonon

Bokonon SonicSlice

Thats debateable, certainly within most people's price ranges it ticks an awful lot of boxes, however, when compared to the likes of the Latronic Notron (I & II) or the GenoQs Octopus it is a pretty poor relation.

6. rayrik

rayrik New Member

Fancy stuff, never seen the Norton.
    I cant do much with such machines, I have Future Retro Revolution, I am from India, we have circular music concept, Revo looks fancy and I love the sound but when it comes to real music making is bloody BS. I would rather have it as module only or in regular 303 format.What I mean it is wonderful that there are people making unusual stuff like Hartmanns Neuron etc. But applying those into real life is questionable, of course the world would be boring without those ahead, unconventionally thinking individuals.