1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rotation xyz, scale and position in pc-software?!

Discussion in 'Software' started by jungle, Mar 4, 2005.

1. jungle

jungle New Member

ok, i hope this is not a to stupid question, but i just tested MODUL8 on a friends computer, and i really like those things like: rotation xyz, scale and position of a layer...

so my question is, what pc-software can do this?! resolume? tranzendens?

maybe most of softwares can do it, with freeframe plugins?!

thanks a lot for advice! :nod:
  2. PilotX

PilotX Tom syzygy, not Dan ;)

any software that has freeframe implemented can do this using petes PanSpinZoom plugin .. www.freeframe.org for a full list but yes both Resolume and Tzt have freeframe (tzt not native, use petes freechain I think to compile them for tzt .. )
  3. johnnylocust

johnnylocust R3dN3cK \/_/

The software I'm working does this, in addition to GPU based effects. I'm aiming for a summer release of a beta version.
  4. cat

cat Senior Moments

vvvv if you can get your head around patching it together, not that hard really for a simple avi player...
  5. dansmachine

dansmachine Video. Performance. Art.

visualjockey

make a combination of a few effects (it's modular software) and you have it.

...yep, still my favourite.
  6. murk

murk Bringer of Blight

Let's break it down by GPU based & CPU base (GPU performs better and scaling/rotation looks better:

GPU:
    Pilgrim
    MidiVidGPU
    vvvv
    Salvation
    Smode
    VJamm (no rotation though)
    Max/MSP

CPU:
    visualJockey (freeframe)
    Resolume (FreeFrame)
    Electronika (Native?)
    OpenTZT (FreeChain)

CPU/GPU Hybrid (operations done on GPU, but then back to main memory for final compsiting):

visualJockey (using Pdoom's 3DS loader or evaluator)
    Isadora

This is just a brief list, I know there are a bunch I missed.
  7. WordVirus23

WordVirus23 NoInput is Detected

also

Phlumx - all flash tho AFAIK
  8. vjpixylight

vjpixylight AKA Will O' The Wisp

Tho quite a few softs here are capable(wether thru native or plugin), I don't think you will find another VJ that has all the possibilties for the xyz plane control of modul8..having 10 layers to do this with and just one cam input, can wield amazing videography..
    (plus 2.0 expands this option evern more:)
  9. jungle

jungle New Member

ok, thanks a lot.... works very nice, but i still dont understand where to find a way to rotate in resolume... what plugin?!
  10. jungle

jungle New Member

ok sorry about that!!! i just found it :eek: